Saturday, March 29, 2008

v16.4 - Snowy Saturday

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

Well the snow has finally stopped (more scheduled to drop tomorrow though) and I can't believe how much fell.  Not that it was a lot of snow, it was just a lot to fall all at once.  Of course by the end of the day most of it was gone as the temperature went above freezing.  Spring has finally started to come and I'm excited.  I even tore down the plastic on our windows today because I'm that confident that spring is here and we won't need those any more :)

{slurp}

Of course there was one big reason why the plastic came down on one window.  My daughter decided she was going to put a fist sized hole in one to hide some trinkets of hers on the window sill.  Little did she realize that when you break that taut plastic wrap on the window, the whole thing shrivels up and begins to pull away.  I can only imagine the look on her face when she saw this start to happen :)  Oh well, it was almost time to pull the stuff down anyway so it was good AND bad.

{slurp}

Children are quite interesting. Lately, my daughter has started taking on her own little personality.  She really surprises me sometimes with some of the things that come out of her mouth.  Sometimes I find it hard to believe that these thoughts and ideas are coming from a five year old.  Then there are times when she acts exactly her age and I can't help but be a little disappointed.  Sometimes I forget that she is only 5 and when she exhibits signs of maturity, it is only because she is copying an adult she knows.  I can't say I've been the best parent, but what parent can make that claim?  I take things one day at a time and when it comes time to be firm and lay down the law, I try to stand by what I say and enforce it.  Hard, but necessary.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, must be off as it is getting a bit late here and I should think about getting to bed soon.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment