Monday, March 17, 2008

v15.3 - Back to Work

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Bleh.  I'm back at work.  The new position I was looking forward to starting has now been pushed off by a week due to the new hire not starting today (like we thought he would).  Typical.

{slurp}

I have been back to work a total of 3 hours so far and I wish I had the rest of the week off.  I am really starting to dislike this position and am really looking forward to a change of pace with this new team.

{slurp}

Well, as luck would have it, I came into work and had over 14,000 emails to go through (yup, that is 14 with 3 zeros).  This should take me most of the day to clean up and get caught up again.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write this morning.

{slurp}

Today is St. Patrick's Day!  Traditionally people dress up in green, drink copious amounts of beer and just have a grand ol' time celebrating.... something.  What is St. Patrick's Day all about anyway?  Well I did a bit of digging and came up with some information for you.  As you're most likely aware, St Patrick's Day is a day of feasting/drinking and celebrating St. Patrick (no, not the guy that took out life insurance, good for you son).  St. Patrick was a Patron Saint of Ireland (circa 385-461 AD) and lived a pretty interesting life (you should check it out HERE).  It is believed he died on the 17th of March which is why traditionally celebrate on this day.  Where does the green come from?  Well it is also believed that St. Patrick used a Shamrock to teach the Irish people about the trinity (Christian teaching) as he was famous for.  Of course all of the information is spotty at best around his life and why we still celebrate his legacy, but I thought it would be good to share with you regardless. :)

{slurp}

Well folks, I must be off.  The house still looks fantastic (did some quick cleaning this morning) and we still don't have company coming to visit :)  Oh well.  I need to run now and get some work caught up; so until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment