Tuesday, March 25, 2008

v16.0 - Looking for New CMS

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

Guess what?  My musings over the last couple days didn't make it to the front page.  Why?  Well, I'm trying to figure that out, but I think it is time for me to find a new CMS (Content Management System) to publish my musings with.  Sometimes when I write, I click save to save the work so I don't lose it all.  This will sometimes put the musing into an unpublished state and when I'm finished, I'll click save to save my work.  This means I can see the musing fine, but others cannot because it isn't "published" yet.  Then I come to work and realize my last two musings are missing and I start digging into why.  Well, I figured it out and I've published them as they should have been.  Folks, if you see a missing musing one day, please don't hesitate to drop me an email and let me know you don't see a musing.  I would hate to think my musing was up for your enjoyment, and then realize a few days later there was no new posts.

{slurp}

I'm back at work today and just as I predicted, there isn't enough hours in a day to complete it all.  Therefore, I have no choice but to not give a damn :)

{slurp}

Seriously, when you are given a mound of work and tasks to do you typically will plug away and work through it.  If that mound grows daily and the amount of work you do daily doesn't decrease the amount of work load then you get a bit stressed or disgruntled.  Well, my work load grows constantly and despite my efforts to get everything completed, there is always loose ends and more work getting piled on more work.  It leaves me sitting here wondering if I'm ever going to complete anything and eventually I throw my hands up in the air and say "screw it".  Of course I end up going on a rant and then, magically, my work load starts to disappear.  Not disappear in the traditional sense, but the work being handed down is stopped and I am finally able to catch up on the tasks I have.  The conversation by the water cooler today was around whether  you would rather do manual labor or IT labor.  While the IT industry is fairly well paying and requires very little physical effort, I really do miss the days of manual labor.  Part of it was from working outside, the other part is how I felt physically.  I was tired, but it was a good tired.  When I went to bed at night, I fell asleep and didn't wake until morning.  My work today is mentally tiring and when I go to bed at night my brain is still moving and I can't sleep.  I wake several times throughout the night and end up feeling like crap the next morning.

{slurp}

What to do?

{slurp}

Anyway folks, going to head off and get some more of that work load done :)  Hopefully by this time next week I'll be moved to my new position and I can finally start enjoying work again.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment