Wednesday, March 26, 2008

v16.1 - Big Sigh

Morning folks,

{slurp}

And no, that is not a sign of relief, that is a sigh of pure disgust and weariness.  Seriously, how many times do you have to experience the same issues before you finally learn your lesson?  Apparently I'm a sucker.

{slurp}

I received a phone call from my boss just before leaving work last night.  Apparently there are some issues with me leaving the team I'm on to move to the team I want to be on.  I was in so much shock to hear the news (only days before I was to migrate off) that I only caught pieces of the "reason" behind it.  From what I did catch though, there was something about my new job being listed as an Advanced Position and my personal file does not allow me to work in an Advanced Position.  So now I have to prove to the company I can do the job before they allow me to move.

SON OF A...

{slurp}

Life does like to throw those curve balls at you doesn't it?  In other news work related, one of my friends whom I've been trying to get hired on here has finally gotten a job offer to start in April.  I submitted his resume so I'll get a recruitment bonus for him, but I'm just glad I was able to help him out.  It wasn't that many years ago that I was like him, new to IT wanting to start a career in IT and not knowing how to get in.  Well thankfully one placement agency took me under their wing and helped me along the way.  You see, I just only needed to prove I could do the job and after 6 months with the company a big company by the name of General Electric (GE) took notice and offered me a full-time position.  Life was good and I was IN.  I'm just glad I was given the opportunity to give this guy a chance like I was given.  Like me, I'm sure he only needs this opportunity to prove he can do the job and he will advance his career.

{slurp}

Well folks, time to start my day and get to the bottom of all this BS.  Hope everyone has a spectacular day and we'll see you here again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap Al, I see nothing has changed in there.

    "Time for a sharp exit"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6hRGEjYLA

    ReplyDelete