Monday, March 10, 2008

v14.6 - Memories

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

Well it is Monday and day 3 of my Vacation.  It was nice to wake up today and not have to go to work or school.  It was also nice to spend Sunday night not entirely in the dark.  In case you hadn't noticed, Saturday night the clocks went ahead an hour which means we get to enjoy one more hour of daylight.  Yes, the days are starting to get longer and longer which means summer is on its way and warm weather.

{slurp}

I can't wait

{slurp}

Today we took a trip around town.  It has been a long time since I was a frequent travellers of the roads here and I found today that I missed it dearly.  I saw houses that I saw a thousand times and drove on roads I travelled on just as many times.  In a way it was just like the "good ol days" but obviously things change and not everything was the same.  Trees that were once just sapplings were now huge and towering providing shade where once sun baked earth stood.  It was strange, but comforting all at the same time.

{slurp}

Part of me would love nothing more than to go back there and settle down with my family but as with all memories, there are good ones and bad ones.  It is the bad ones that are keeping me away and while I have more good memories than bad, I still just can't bring myself to live there (just yet).

Time will tell I guess.

{slurp}

Well folks, I must be off.  This musing is coming in quite late only because I didn't get a chance to write it.  Better late than never right? :)  Tomorrow we are leaving early and heading back to Halifax so chances are I won't get a musing out until late afternoon.  So, until then...

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment