Thursday, May 21, 2009

v25.5: It is Hard - 4

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

This diet and workout plan is no easy chore.  I've been doubting myself and whether or not I'll be able to go the distance.  It has been 4 days and it has felt like weeks.  My body craves the dirty food, the grease, the fat, the unhealthy choices.  I want to dive into a pool of milk chocolate goodness and slurp my way out.  Hell, I'll even settle for a piece of toast covered with jam right now!

-slurp-

It is Hard.  Last night I nearly caved but held out.  I did end up having a small bowl of grapes an hour or so after supper, but neither the meal or the snack was able to fill the hunger void I was feeling.  I stood up from the dinner table last night feeling like I hadn't eaten anything, I was a hungry man who's mind is always on food.  Of course what does one do with themselves after a workout, long day at the office and no WoW?  I did what any grown man would do, I paced the house and complained about how hungry I was.  My wife says it is worse than when I quit smoking which leads me to believe I have an unhealthy craving for food.

-slurp-

There are healthy cravings and unhealthy cravings.  My cravings are mostly unhealthy though I'd be more than happy right now to eat  a salad or some fruit just to get rid of this feeling of my stomach eating itself.  I can literally feel my stomach shriveling up into a small ball as it withers and dies from lack of food.  Of course I'm over exaggerating about that but I am trying to articulate how I feel.

-slurp-

So far I've kept to the plan and stayed the course.  This morning was Yoga.  I will never again make fun of Crouch Dog and Crane Stances.  OUCH.  I had to cut the exercise short because I needed to get ready for work; over an hour and a half of yoga is a lot to do your first week.  My muscles screamed at me with every position change and my body cried out for food; a very distracting combination.  Let me just say my chi was all over the place and the yoga experience was far from relaxing.  Hopefully next week things are different.

-slurp-

I plan on sticking with it though.  I mistakenly stood on the scales last night just "to see" how things are going and was disappointed to see that I gained weight.  I've been starving myself for 3 whole days and I've gained weight!?!  Of course an easy explanation to all that is I've burned and lost fat which is being replaced with muscle which weighs more.  I've also only been at this for 3 days so to expect a drastic change like 5lbs lost is unrealistic.  I would like to give it a solid month before judging.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, got to the musing a little later than usual today because I'm super busy today.  I'm off tomorrow so expect something with a little more girth to it.  For now, I must take my leave and get back to work.  Take care all, I need to eat my keyboard now because apparently plastic has no calories!!

-slurp-

Cheers,
Al

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there kiddo.... I'm sooo proud of you two. Wish I had your willpower.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the bigger musing?? Man it sounds like you're having a rough go of it, Al! Sorry to hear but you guys are doing an awesome thing for yourselves! It will make you feel so great by the end of it!!!
    Stick with it, you gotta work for what you get, and it'll get easier! :) I agree with mom there, wish I had the willpower to do something like that! Maybe some day! haha

    ReplyDelete