Thursday, May 14, 2009

v25.0: Thursday Quickie

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Tis Thursday and the weather is looking fine here in Halifax.  I've been at work for over an hour now and I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit.  I came into work early with the intent to muse but was side-tracked by a few issues that required my immediate attention.


-slurp-

As I already mentioned, today is Thursday.  This week has been so messed up for me and I think it has something to do with not playing World of Warcraft.  You see, when you get into a game like WoW you tend to lose track of time and your evenings go from 3-4 hours feeling like 5-6 hours to 5-6 hours feeling like 1-2 hours.  It can be a shock to the system for sure but I'm beginning to adjust and I'm actually enjoying the "free" time I've created for myself.

-slurp-

I wanted to drop a quick thanks to everyone who clicked on the ads.  In the past few days since I put them up, I've made $4 US.  Not bad when you consider I didn't need to do anything but add a few lines of code.  In fact, it almost feels like I'm cheating or something since I didn't really do anything to earn this money.  Of course as the visitor count climbs, so too will the profits so I'm excited to see what kind of revenue my site can generate.

-slurp-

Tomorrow is pay day and I hope to have some extra cash to afford some pool supplies to open the pool this weekend.  I have a feeling it is going to be a bit of a pain but the end result will be well worth it.  I'm really looking forward to getting into the pool this summer as an escape from the heat.  Even though my house has a couple air conditioners in it, I doubt I'll be turning them on due to the cost of running AC and a Pool for the summer months; I'm sure it would equate to running electric heat all winter.

-slurp-

I almost forgot to mention that I added two new links to the top of the site yesterday.  The first is called 'Phase Shift' which is a new short story I'm writing.  I plan on getting the thing published some day but I will be releasing snippits and character bios here for your reading enjoyment.  Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged.  The second link is a new image gallery plugin I am playing around with.  I have moved over all the images I had on my old gallery but they are in a bit of a mix right now until I can figure out how to sort better.

-slurp-

I need to cut this Musing short today as I have a lot of work to get done this morning (Several meetings, status reports, etc) so I'll bid you all farewell for now and hope to have something more meaningful to talk about tomorrow.

-slurp-

Until then.

Cheers,
Al

1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo... I wasn't thinking that you'd make that much.. I thought like .50 maybe. That's exciting. Count me in as someone who'll check out those links whenever I can.
    I checked out your Phase Shift this morning and can't wait to read more.
    Good luck with the pool this weekend... wish I could be there to help.
    Do you have a long weekend??? I don't but Mike and Erin do.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete