Tuesday, May 5, 2009

v24.3: AGAIN!

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

I was out sick yesterday.  With the current scare of this Swine Flu going around, I didn't want to take any chances with showing up at work not feeling well.  We have already had several corporate communications at work instructing people to stay away from the office if they suspect they have Swine Flu and to get checked out.  I don't have Swine Flu, but I did feel a bit ill yesterday.

-slurp-


As the title of the musing may suggest, something has happened to me yet again.  Some of you commented on how funny my coffee incident was last week, well I'm happy to report to you this morning that I had another leaky Tim Horton's cup; only this time it was much much worse.

-slurp-

Rather than make it all the way downtown before I noticed the precious nectar leaking from the cup, I noticed this one almost right away as I started drinking it on my way into the office.  The first indication was the warm liquid running down my hand and soaking the sleeve of my coat.  At first I thought, "Not two times in a row!" and then looked down into my coffee cup holder to see there was already a puddle of coffee in there.  Then I thought back to last week and wondered if I remembered to clean up the leaky mess.  I must have, otherwise my car would have this sickly old coffee smell to it.

-slurp-

It was then that reality began to sink in; I had gotten two dud coffee cups in a row from the same Tim Horton's.  Either the Tim Horton's cups have really gone to shit (which is possible given the news my wife told me that they were skimping on the materials for their cups) or someone at that Tim Horton's is having a fun time poking holes in people's cups.  I immediately dismiss the later and focus on the cup itself.  At first glace the cup was fine, no noticeable holes or defects, the coffee appeared to be leaking out of the seam again which is typical when the cup was poorly glued together.  I reach into the center console of my car and pull out some napkins to soak up the mess and hopefully limit the damage done by leaking coffee all over my car.

-slurp-

I make it to work at my usual time but this time I had to rush to the door to my office because my cup was dripping quite badly.  I must have looked quite silly running up the street holding my coffee cup over my head with my mouth open to capture the precious liquid in my mouth so none of it was wasted.  I go to my desk and put my coffee down, reached into my drawer and pulled out some napkins (yes I keep napkins everywhere now) and watched in awe as I sat my cup on the stack of napkins.  Within seconds the stack of 3-4 napkins were soaked with precious coffee.  I knew immediately that this was no ordinary hole.

-slurp-

I picked up my cup as and drank the coffee as fast as I could.  There was no way I was going to waste $1.73 and as the hot liquid burned my mouth and throat, I realized I was being an idiot.  That was when I noticed the bulge in the side of my cup; and no I'm not kidding you, there was a visible BULGE in the side of my cup.  This was where the coffee was leaking from.  This bulge must have been created by a weak part in the cup and as the liquid pressed up against it, the cup began to bulge out.  I touched the bulge gently and could feel the thin layer of paper that stood between my hot coffee and my lap.  In disgust I threw the cup, half full of coffee, into the waste basket and rose from my seat and looked up to the sky and yelled, "WHY!!!!!!!!".

-slurp-

After the confused glances I received from co-workers and managers, I decided to sit down at my desk and muse about it all.  I still can't believe I received two defective cups from Tim Horton's two times in a row; the odds are uncanny.  I should buy a lottery ticket.

-slurp-

Well folks, I did miss yesterday and was off on Friday so I have some catching up to do.  I am STILL working on the permission issues with the site so if you've tried to request your password and received a permission issue I apologize.  I did set everyone's password the same so if you know your login from the old site, you can use the password test123 to login and change that password.  I hope to have this issue fixed soon.

-slurp-

Until next time.

Cheers,
Al

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Oh man, Al, you aren't joking about you loving to write. I'm sorry you're having such hard times with Timmy's lately! haha I laugh out of love, because only something like this would happen to you! Mind you, I don't have Timmy's every day so I don't know if this is a consistent problem all over, I haven't heard from anyone about this issue.. maybe you should try another Tim Horton's??

    ReplyDelete