Friday, October 12, 2007

What Happened to Wednesday and Thursday...

Good morning folks,

As my title would suggest, I seem to have lost two days and have no idea why the thought of posting here didn't enter my mind.  To start, let me explain...

Wednesday
This was a very interesting day.  My daughter had to go to a clinic in the morning.  This was something we booked over a year ago and were not about to miss it because of scheduling.  As a result, we ended up dropping my son off at school and racing downtown to make it for the 9am appointment.  We made it, with minutes to spare, and I made my way to work.  I arrived at work, informed my boss that I would need to leave early to pick up my daughter from the clinic and then proceeded to do some work.  This was also the day we all found out our Team Lead gave his notice at work and was leaving us.  We had a little meeting about it and before I knew what was going on, I got a phone call to pick up Katie and my daughter.

Off I ran, picked them up, drove back home and dropped her off at school.  I was done work for the day so Katie and I went home to do some cleaning and such since we were expecting my cousin's husband to drop by that evening with his boss to do a presentation.  The night before we had gone out and bought a sectional couch we found on Kijiji.  It is a very nice couch and the price was right.  We were busy cleaning that up as it had been held in storage by this older couple and there was quite a bit of dust.

Thursday
All I can say is WOW.  No, I wasn't up all night playing World of Warcraft.  I walked into work at my regular time and immediately was bombarded with questions about one of the applications I support.  It didn't take me long to figure out that there was a major outage in the New York plant so I sat down at my desk and started typing, reading and trying to figure things out.  I spent 8 hours of my day on a conference call and trying to stabilize the application I support.  It was a LONG day, but it went by surprisingly fast.  So fast, in fact, that when I got home I realized I hadn't posted and almost sat down to write, but I got side tracked with getting supper ready for the kids and cuddling on the new couch with the family while we watched a cartoon movie.

This brings us to Friday, today, and I'm TIRED!  This week has been a little crazy for me and I'm really looking forward to leaving at the end of the day and heading home.  We have plans this weekend to go to a U-Pick place to get some pumpkins for Halloween.  It looks like it could be a good time so hopefully the weather is nice and it doesn't start pouring rain on us.

Other than that, I don't plan on doing much this weekend other than planning out a weight loss/workout program for myself.  Lately I've begun to notice that I'm not as slim and built as I used to be :)  I won't say I'm huge, but it is enough to make me want to do something now before it gets out of control.  I plan on hitting the weights again and start building back some of the muscle I've lost.  Working at a desk for 8 hours a day is a great way to build fat.  Especially when you don't eat properly and on a regular basis.  I plan on doing what I do best and do some reading on the subject.  I want to find something that works for me and on my time schedule.  I will plan to begin this on the weekend and keep at it until I've reached my goal(s).  Wish me luck!  I plan on documenting my experience, so be looking for a new section under Experiments (Experiments may be getting a name change soon since it really doesn't fit well) where I plan on keeping a record of my progress.

Well folks, it is time to get things rolling and see how quickly I can make this day go by.  I'm still looking for a name for my Musings so if you're reading this and have some ideas, feel free to comment and reply with them.  If I don't have anything by the end of next week, I'll have to do some kind of crazy Random Title Generator to see if I can come up with something fun.

Have a safe and happy weekend.

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment