Monday, October 22, 2007

Moandays

Good morning folks,

Or should I say, "Happy Moanday".  No, that isn't a typo, I misspelled Monday on purpose to make a point.  I've heard this term used quite a bit, especially around the "Office" scenario where people go to work in some kind of office building, sit in a cubical and do the same mundane task every day.  I am reminded of a comic (as luck would have it, I can't find right now) where there are a couple archaeologists looking over their latest dig.  Inside is a perfectly preserved cubicle in your typical present-day office building.  They are talking about how in the past, people used to be forced to sit in these small boxed offices and perform mundane tasks.  I had a chuckle because it is probably closer to the truth.

That said, I've been putting a lot of thought into my current working environment lately.  Right now, it is too damn hot to even think about working as I'm working hard to just stay awake.  Seriously folks, it is almost 30 degrees Celsius (86 Fahrenheit) and I'm breaking a sweat, sitting at my desk, doing nothing.  *sigh*  It is time for a change of scenery and pace I think.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my current Team Lead has given his notice and is almost done.  Unfortunately for us, this is officially his last week of work here, and while he is supposed to be here until Friday, never has anyone lasted till the bitter end and has either ended up leaving early the last day or being told to go home mid-week.  Either way, I am going to miss the guy and wish him well at his new job (lucky bastard).  I'm very jealous to be honest.  Sounds like the job he is going to is my dream job and the one I've been looking for since I moved here.  Alas, it is time to take action!!

Anyway folks, I'm having issues keeping my thoughts in order with this heat.  I hope to have something worthy to write about tomorrow :)

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment