Thursday, October 18, 2007

Been Sick

Morning folks,

Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple days but I've been ill.  Some would argue whether I've been physically ill or just "sick and tired". :)  I'll leave that for you to decide on your own.

Today I have made it into the office and am sitting at my desk staring at my monitors wondering why.  The why is what is driving me crazy right now because I don't know the context in which I'm asking the question.  I guess you could say I'm feeling a little "blah" today and would rather be home with my wife who has today and tomorrow off from work.  We don't get to spend as much time together any more because of her work schedule.  Not that she is working when I'm home, but she goes to work so early in the morning that she is in bed shortly after supper time which only gives us 2 (maybe 3 if I'm lucky) hours to spend with each other.  None of which are alone because the kids are up and we are making supper, getting homework done and various other things we need to do in an evening before bed time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she is working and is making some money for herself.  I still find it odd to walk into a store and not have to buy a bunch of stuff with my money.  In fact, last week she picked up one of those Ab Lounger things I've been wanting to work on my growing tummy :)  When we got to the checkout, I was getting ready to haul out my wallet when she whipped out her bank card and bought the whole thing.  It is nice to have extra money coming in and I've noticed the place seems to be sprucing up nicely with little things like throw blankets and rugs on the floor.  It makes our town house feel like a warm home.

It isn't all bad of course.  We have weekends together which is nice.  On weekends she works, she is home shortly after noon so we get to spend all day and early evenings together.  We have started a weekly routine where I will take our son to Dance class in the morning, then we'll go and pick up Katie from work and come back.  Then we'll take the scenic route home along the coast and if we can afford it, we'll pick up some food to eat (otherwise we'll wait until we get home to eat).  I actually enjoy the Saturday because it gives me a little bit of time to spend with my daughter (just her and I) and it gives the entire family a chance to spend some time together in a neutral setting rather than at home all doing our "things".

Anyway folks, since I've missed a few days at work here I need to run and get caught up.  Hopefully I'll see you all here tomorrow morning :)

Cheers,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment