Friday, April 8, 2005

v2.8 - There Be Dragons!

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

Today''s musing is going to be quite short as I was quite late for work this morning. Not exactly sure what happened as I checked my alarm and everything before heading to bed and everything was set.

{slurp}



My daughter was playing in our room yesterday and pressed a bunch of buttons on the alarm clock :) I suspect she did something that made the alarm clock not go off this morning. OH well, such is life when you NEED to be at work.

{slurp}

The other guy here at work who starts at 6am has the day off today. So the one and only day I needed to be here on time is the day my alarm clock doesn''t work. How much fun is that? Arghh

{slurp}

Last night we went out and saw the dragons! Yes, there are real dragons :)

I need to explain as not everyone is aware of the humor of this one.

{slurp}

There is this Dragon in World of Warcraft. The Dragon spawns somewhere along the border of the Hinterlands and Alterac Mountains. I don''t remember the Dragon''s name, but I do recall him being a green color. Well, every time I''ve been up that way leveling or questing, I''ve seen said dragon. About a week or so ago (when I dinged 44) I asked a couple friends in the guild if they wanted to run up there and check out this Dragon. Of course everyone was on board and we ran up there. We searched for hours for this Dragon and left feeling somewhat disappointed.

{slurp}

Well, the other night (Wednesday) we decided to revist the spot and find this Dragon. Of course, the Dragon wasn''t up then either and we were left standing around watching big Kitty Cats and various other Wildlife. This is when it all started :)

{slurp}

My friend Fred decided to question my sanity by asking me about these "Dragons" :) He asked me things like, "Are you sure they were Dragons?" and "Are you seeing these Dragons right now?" :) All in all, it was funny and such.

They logged, so I went for a tour and found other Dragons. Of course, I took screenshots and such so I can prove to them they are Dragons. I get to work and we go for coffee. Then the bastards had their way with me :) Asking me all these questions about Dragons. "Are you seeing these ''Dragons'' right now?" and other various comments. It was funny and no matter what I said I was deemed "insane" and therefore my comments fell on /dev/null. I told them I would provide screenshot proof of my alternate encounter. They were expecting screenshots of my character standing in various locations :) Like with a Dragon :)

{slurp}

We laughed for quite a bit over this (still laughing) and I came back to my desk. Guess what? I forgot to upload the Dragon screenshots to my Server :) Oh man, did they ever have a field day with that. I had to get ahold of Katie at home and ask her to share out my WoW directory so I could mount it on my linux box to get the images. After getting the images, I posted them up on my screenshot gallery :) What happened after that? I don''t really know, but the fun didn''t stop.

{slurp}

Last night, we helped another friend of mine do some quests in-game. I think overall we helped with 6 or 7 quests and he ended up dinging right after the last one (Grats Bill). After that Fred, Brandy, Katie and Fred''s son headed out to this other camp of "Dragons" I found the night prior :) Of course, apon getting to the valley we noticed there were no dragons at all, because someone came along and killed them all! No, that didn''t happen :) The Dragons were there and we started killing them all! I dinged 46 last night, Katie dinged 43 (I think) and Fred dinged 35. I''m not sure if Brandy dinged or not, but we had a lot of fun. One complaint I have about this game is there is no "Protect" type of ability like in DAoC. I can''t count how many times Brandy (Our Priestess) pulled agro while healing and we had to work our asses off to pull the agro off her. It sucked because she died quite a few times last night. Luckly we have our Pally bot there to res :) (/hug Fred)! .

{slurp}

A good night was had by all and I logged out with enough materials to craft my Dragonscale Gauntlets for my Hunter. What a sweet sweet set of mail gloves! I''m so happy and they look so cool.

{slurp}

Ugh.. I wrote this musing in record time today :) Hopefully this weekend will go well (weather is supposed to be nice anyway) and I''ll get up in time for work on Monday :)

Until then, take care my friends and we''ll see you on Monday.

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment