Tuesday, June 23, 2009

v26.8: Technically Tuesday - 37

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Technically it is Tuesday though it feels like Monday for me.  Yesterday I was out sick; more of a personal day than anything but there was a certain sick factor there as well.  I need a long vacation.

-slurp-

How was everyone's weekend?  Myself personally I had a great weekend despite being very busy.  On Saturday we attended my Grand-Dad's 80th birthday party.  It was a great time.  We all met at a place called Mt. Traber Bible Camp (where my parents used to sentance me in the summers as a child) where I was able to meet a few new 2nd/3rd/4th/etc cousins in the family.  I met my Grand-Dad's brothers and cousins and we all ate, sang and had a good ol' time.  Grand-Dad doesn't look like he's 80 years old, if I didn't know, I would have guessed him 70 tops.

-slurp-

After the party we all retired to my Aunt and Uncle's new house for a private family gathering.  I must say, my Aunt and Uncle have done well for themselves, their new home is spectacular and I was in awe as we pulled up the driveway at this mansion tucked away in the woods away from it all.  Spectacular.  We spent the rest of the evening there mingling with family and chatting with people I haven't talked to in a number of years.  I even got some time to sit and reminisce with my counsin Tim who was one of my closest cousins growing up.  I used to look forward to hanging out with him every summer.

-slurp-

The forecast for Saturday was rain but thankfully the rain didn't start until people started arriving at my Aunt and Uncle's place.  It was still raining when we left several hours later and then we invited my sister and her significant other over to our place afterwards for a rainy swim.  The water was a bit cool at first but we didn't mind as the rain pounded on our heads.  It was a lot of fun and the wives got a few nice pics of us flying through the air and jumping in the water.

-slurp-

Sunday was Father's day and I got a day to relax with the family.  I told everyone that chores were off and we all hung out at home and basically did nothing.  It was still raining outside and we took some time in the morning to go for a small drive as a family but other than that it was quiet and laid back.  Sometimes it is the simple things in life that make it worth living; spending an entire day with my family was a perfect way to spend Father's day in my opinion.

-slurp-

Well folks, I need to jet and get back to work.  I missed yesterday so I am a bit behind.  I have most of the week off next week so I'm really looking forward to an extended long weekend.  I plan on making some changes to the site this evening so hopefully tomorrow you'll see some changes.

-slurp-

Until next time..

Cheers,

Al

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Fathers Day Al. You're right, sometimes the simple things are the best things.
    Did Katie get any pics of the mansion... :o)
    Can't wait to see the pics of the swim and can't wait to get in that pool myself.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete