Monday, June 15, 2009

v26.4: My Oh My Monday - 29

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Day 29.  Of course to call it day 29 is a bit of a stretch as we kinda fell down last week due to the baby keeping us up all night and me being sick with a cold.  Most mornings we got up and just laid back down again because we were so exhausted.  We felt bad so we decided to rinse and repeat the week this week.  As a result, my P90X is going to be P90X+6.

-slurp-

We did our "End of Phase 1 Measurements" yesterday and I was quite surprised at the results.  Overall I've lost over 7 inches in my measurements and over 10lbs since starting P90X a little under a month ago.  When you consider we did not get a full week of workout last week, that is pretty darn good.  I'm quite pleased with myself and encouraged to keep going.  While the weight loss is less than I had hoped for after a month, I actually ended up losing a lot of fat and building a lot of muscle.  Now as we enter Phase 2 we are doing more Cardio routines with Yoga mixed in which is bound to burn the fat and calories causing the "lean" part of this routine to take shape.

-slurp-

I must admit that I feel fantastic.  I have not felt this good in a long time as far as physical feelings go.  Now when I sit too long or feel like lounging I get stir crazy and my muscles are begging me to use them.  I've tried to ignore them but this past weekend I found it really hard to get to sleep because I did not workout during the day and it made me restless in the evening.  I think it is time to step things up a notch.

-slurp-

We planted a tree this weekend.  A couple years ago my daughter found out that seeds were used to grow plants, trees and flowers.  She was eating an apple and made it to the middle where she found a bunch of apple seeds.  With some help from mom, she was able to nurture those seeds and helped them to grow.  One seed made it into a small plastic cup and was given to me on my birthday.  I chuckled when I found out what it was; surely these apples were genetically modified and could not reproduce so I did not expect to wake one day and notice a small green sprout sticking up out of the dirt.  I was amazed as is anyone else who knows the story.

-slurp-

Here we are just over 2 years later and this small seed is now a 4ft tall tree.  We call it the love tree because it was only by the sheer love of my daughter that this thing grew and was able to survive all these years.  This tree now sits in our front yard where it has lots of room to grow and hopefully in a few years it will be taller than me and someday provide shade and maybe even apples for my grandchildren.

-slurp-

My daughter seems to have this miracle touch as she has gone on to plant other things in the house.  She has taken seeds from all kinds of plants and fruits and some of them have started to grow.  Even a sunflower seed which was supposed to have been roasted has started to grow.  Of course until the thing is bigger we can not tell if it is going to be a sunflower or a blade of grass.

-slurp-

It is quite amazing to watch life take shape before your eyes.  I was present for all 3 of my children's births and to watch that life go from a piece of  your wife to a life of his or her own was a magical experience.  To finally see and hear that little baby that (up until then) had been nothing but a pain in the ass (literally) for your wife now is free of the womb and is given the room to grow and learn.  I am amazed at how quickly children learn, especially now that our youngest daughter has just turned 6 months old and is already starting to learn words and understands some of the things we say.  She has even feigned a "da da" here and there almost as if she is playing with my emotions.  Life truly is a miracle.

-slurp-

Well folks the time has come for me to get to work.  I have a long week ahead of me and I'm looking forward to the pool warming up a little bit so I can jump in (was 16 degrees Celsius this past weekend).  I suspect by this weekend it will be good to go and provided the weather is nice we could be looking at a Father's Day pool party at my place.  Oh boy!

-slurp-

Until next time...

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment