Saturday, April 12, 2008

v17.7 - Roll-Up Done?

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

Is the Roll-up-the-rim contest done in your area?  I went to one of my local Tim Horton's yesterday and they were out of Roll Up cups.  I figured it was because they were just out of Extra Large cups so I went back later and ordered just a large.  As the Drive-thru lady handed me my plain old brown cup I asked if they were out of roll-up cups.  She nodded and apologized to which I replied DIE and drove away without paying.

{slurp}

Just kidding of course.  I politely payed the lady for my coffee and drove away wondering how many other Tim Horton's out there are out of roll-up cups.  Then today I went to the Tim Horton's at a local mall and low and behold they had roll-up cups left.  I giggled with glee as I started to drink my coffee.  The glee ended with a simple roll-up action which ended in a "Please Play Again".  What the hell?  I've been a loyal Tim's drinker from the beginning of this contest and here we are nearly at the end and I've still only won 4 things.  4!!!

{slurp}

Perhaps it is bad luck, bad karma or a bit of both which has disabled me from winning this year.  Perhaps my knowledge (or fear) of winning because my wife works for Tim Horton's has sent a signal to the universe and the law of attraction has made it so hardly any winning cups have came my way.  Perhaps there is a meteor on a collision course with Earth as I type this and it will arrive on the launch day of the 2009 Roll-up-the-rim contest and I won't get an opportunity to record my winnings next year.  Perhaps I think too much?

{slurp}

It really isn't the end of the world.  I drink coffee regardless of the contest even though I tend to drink a bit more coffee than normal during the roll-up season.  Of course after finding out this year that Tim Horton's knows where every single "big" prize is and what store the cup was sold to, it kind of ruins the "surprise" or "random" factor for me.  To think, that every single car prize has a predetermined destination and ONLY people who frequent that particular Tim Horton's will win it.  To also think that in all of Nova Scotia, there is only ONE car prize while in places like Ontario they have several.  To know that they purposely placed these winning cups in specific Tim Horton's locations really makes me wonder.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I'm going to take off for now.  I need to get supper started here and get ready for a raid tonight (T-minus 30minutes from now).  Until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment