Tuesday, April 1, 2008

v16.7 - April Fools

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

I'm not really writing this musing on the 1st as I was sick and not able to do much of anything.  I decided to muse in my head and post today back dating it to the 1st :)

{slurp}

Today is April Fool's day.  The day everyone attempts to fool people into believing a lie and then yell out "APRIL FOOLS!!".

{slurp}

Personally, I didn't get "fooled" but I heard of a few who did and a few who didn't like it.  Video game companies across the globe were also celebrating the day by releasing bogus updates to their games stating GameX was getting ClassA added and various other things.  Blizzard Entertainment is a good one for pulling stuff like this and they do a dang good job at it.

{slurp}

As posted above, I was home sick today and while I wasn't completely out, I was unfit for going to work.  I have been having some interesting health related issues lately which are directly caused by my horrible diet.  I guess if you wanted to get technical, I brought this sickness on myself by not eating properly.  It is the 2nd time in the last couple weeks I've felt this way and let me tell you it isn't fun at all.  I've decided it may be time to make a switch in the way I eat and go on a proper diet to lose some weight and eat healthier.  Of course if you've been to the grocery store lately you'll see that eating healthy means you're making tons of money.  Why are the things that are best for us the ones that cost the most?  Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't healthy eating be promoted more?  Wouldn't it make more sense to charge more for junk food vs. stuff that will make us healthy?

{slurp}

Of course eating healthy doesn't appeal to everyone.  There are some people out there (myself included) who are on a self destructive path to being unfit and unhealthy.  I'm guilty and I'm paying for it.  In my case I'm lucky as I'm still young enough to make changes and reverse the effects so it doesn't hurt me in the long run.  Other people are not this lucky.

{slurp}

Anyway, I don't dwell too much on this.  People will choose the way of life they want and I've found there is very little you can do to influence people to change.  Speaking of which, today also marks the first day in this city where you are no longer allowed to smoke in a car with a child and you are not allowed to talk on a cell phone unless you have a hands-free kit.  Failure to comply with either of these new laws will result in a hefty fine (300ish+ for first offence).  I heard a rumour that the next law they're looking to pass is disallowing people to smoke in their own homes if children are present.  This raises an interesting question.  Do the police have the right to come into your home to see if you're smoking with a child in the house?  Will they require a search warrant?  If this law does pass and is more than a rumour, how will they be able to act on it?  I don't know about you, but I keep my blinds shut tight at night so nobody can see in.  What's stopping someone from lighting up and smoking with kids in the house?  One would hope people would have more sense, but I know for a fact there are people like that and they do it with infants in the house.

{slurp}

Well folks, I miss sign off for now.  Talk to you again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment