Wednesday, April 2, 2008

v16.8 - Weary Wednesday

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

It is a weary Wednesday today for me.  I'm still feeling a little under the weather, but good enough to write and say hi to everyone.  I decided to stay home again today to mend a bit and rest.  I'm glad I did.

{slurp}

My mother pointed out this morning that I was missing my musing from yesterday.  Of course I had to inform her that I was sick yesterday but would get a musing out today.  Well, I've delivered on that and now I'm writing the musing which was meant for today :)

{slurp}

I must admit, this writing every single day during the Roll-Up-The-Rim contest has been quite challenging.  There have been days where I've just not been in the mood to write anything.  There have been days where I've completely forgotten to write until just before bed.  Most of the time I'll fire off a quick musing to make my post for the day, but there is the odd time I'll write it first thing the next morning.  This is typically when I run into issues with the software because I'm being rushed :)

{slurp}

Well, tomorrow is my birthday.  April 3.  I will be {beep} years old.  Hard to believe isn't it?  Seems like yesterday I was playing with my friends in the little wooded area near our house with wooden guns dressed in camo gear.  Summers were so warm and it never rained.  The trees were always lush and green and life was so simple.  I could ride my bike down the road and I knew everyone in the neighbourhood; by name.  How life has changed both for me and for the world.

{slurp}

I was at my Father's place a few weeks back and I was reminded of life as a child.  I drove down the old roads of my past and saw the things I used to see.  I miss that place, both physically and in time.  I'm sure most of us have a moment (or moments) in our past we wish we could return to and live them again, even if only as a spectator.  Of course the town I grew up in has grown up itself.  It is no longer the same place it was, the people are no longer the same people (at least not all of them) and the friends I used to have are long gone and nearly forgotten.  Time can be cruel.

{slurp}

Birthdays, once a celebration of birth are now a reminder that we are one year older.  While some embrace the day with open arms, other shun it and try to forget it.  I'm somewhere in the middle :)  I like getting the presents still and I enjoy cake and fellowship with friends and family.  I hate growing old though and hate to be reminded that I'm one year older.  Also, one of my biggest pet peeves are people who ask you "So you feel any older?".  No, I don't feel any older than I did yesterday when I talked to you.

{slurp}

Tomorrow I'll be heading back to work and getting to know my new team mates.  I feel bad that I joined this new team on Monday and then was out sick Tuesday and Wednesday.  Not a great first impression, but necessary given the circumstances.  I just hope this doesn't shed a light of laziness or make me appear unreliable.

{slurp}

Well folks, I'm heading out.  I have a stew cooking for supper tonight so I must go check on it and make sure it will be ready in time.  See you tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment