Sunday, April 6, 2008

v17.2 - Reflection of Self

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

Did you ever look at someone and see yourself?  This can be sometimes painful, especially if that someone is close to you like a son/daughter or sibling.  Sometimes in life we see ourselves in other people and it leaves a painful sting.  Sometimes we focus so hard to being something else we can't remember who we really were to begin with.  Who are you?

{slurp}

Who am I?  This is something I've been struggling with the last few weeks.  I know who I am to the rest of the world, but who am I to myself?  I saw a movie last week about this girl who was interviewing for some big financial firm in NY and was asked a very simple question, "Who are you?".  The girl was very confident and began to answer the question but quickly realized she didn't have a clue who she was.  She goes on a mission of self discovery and by the end of the movie is able to easily tell the audience who she was.  Yay, all of life's problems solved in one sitting.  I didn't even have to get up and use the washroom, now that's 21st Century self help for you!

{slurp}

I urge you all to perform the following test:

- Find a Mirror and stand in front of it (sit if you need to).
- Look yourself in the eyes.  Don't just stare, really LOOK at yourself
- Ask yourself in your head, "Who am I?"
- Verbally answer yourself never taking your eyes away from your face.  Pretend you're talking to someone else.

Something so simple can have a powerful influence on your life if done properly.  I urge you all to give it a try.

{slurp}

Well folks, I need to head out for the evening (work early tomorrow) so I'll say good bye for now and see you all tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment