Friday, April 11, 2008

v17.6 - New Theme

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Well it is finally Friday (like I thought it was yesterday) and I'm so glad!  I'm also glad to announce that I am in the process of implementing a new theme for the site.  The theme will be tweaked and changed over the next few days but I think this is the color scheme and layout I'm looking for.

{slurp}

Did I mention that I'm glad it's Friday yet?  Folks, I don't want you to think my job is too much for me but there are things about my job that just seem to drain the life out of me.  While I'm excited and happy to be given the opportunity to join the new team and begin integrating myself and learning new things, I'm also a bit annoyed at how things have been ignored and left by the way side regarding process and documentation.  We have a guy who is leaving the team next week.  He has been a huge contributer to the team and has a lot of knowledge in his head.  Nobody has ever asked him if any of the stuff he does is documented somewhere.  Imagine my surprise when I found this out.  Imagine I had joined the team a week later and found out none of this stuff was documented or handed off properly?  I don't want to think about it.

{slurp}

Aside from that, I'm enjoying the new gig and look forward to getting to know the team better.  I agreed to take on the Team Lead role this week so on Tuesday during the team meeting it was announced that I would be the new Team Lead (this team hasn't had a team lead for a couple months now).  I'm up for the challenge and so far I think I'm doing a good job.  It is going to take some time to bring this team around, however, as we are 4 people short right now  I've been interviewing people like crazy and hope to have at least two of the 6 people I interviewed passed on for client interviews and hopefully hired within the next month.  We also have a new guy starting the week after next so if all goes as planned, we'll only be down 2 people which is manageable and should be fairly easy to find and fill in the holes.

{slurp}

Alas, it is nearly time to head off to school and then to work so I'm going to logout now.  I hope everyone has a great Friday and we'll see you here again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment