Sunday, August 14, 2005

v9.5 - Another Week

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

Now begins another week of work (for some) and another week of hopes and dreams (for meh). This week brings with it many changes and exciting opportunities and I''m looking forward for this week starting off because it is going to end with smiles and excitement.

I think.

{slurp}



How has everyone been anyway? Myself, I''ve been under a lot of strain and stress. Not strain and stress from work, but strain and stress from looking for work. I''m at a point right now where I''ve gotten myself so excited about this potential new job, that I''ve given up caring about it. It is like waiting for Christmas to come in June. You get so excited about Christmas and when December 25th finally rolls around, you are less than happy about it.

{slurp}

So, this big news I''ve been teasing you all with? Yes, it is about a new job. Not only a potential new job, but a potential relocation as well. I applied for this job over a week ago now and I''ve been through four interviews. Each interview more difficult than the one before it. The last interview tested my technical knowledge to the extreme. I was a bit taken back because the interview was with 2 Senior VPs for this company and who would have thought these VPs would know their technical stuff. Not only was I impressed, but I was a bit shook up by the experience. I did great though and got a call last night with feedback regarding the interviews I had on Thursday.

{slurp}

What''s next? I find out tomorrow morning if I got the job or not. Last night I was sitting back watching some TV with the family and I got the call. I was also on-call last week so when the phone rang I actually cringed thinking it was a support call. Much to my surprise it was the recruiting officer giving me a call letting me know how my interviews went and letting me know they will be meeting today to discuss my potential hire. I get to find out this piece of information tomorrow morning and I''m excited but not getting my hopes up (again) about it.

{slurp}

So what''s so special about this job? Well for starters it is more money than I''m making now. The company I may be working for has better benifits than I''m getting now and even has a fitness fund where I can spend $250/year on fitness gear!

Those are small details of course as I would have taken this job for less money due to the fact they are willing to pick up my moving expenses and everything.

Moving?

Yes, this job will require me to move. Not JUST move, but move across the country. If I get this new job, I will have three weeks to pack up our stuff and move my family and I to Halifax, Nova Scotia. For those who know me, you can tell why I would be excited about this move. For starters, the majority of my family lives in the Eastern part of Canada. My mother would be a quick 1.5 hour drive away and my father would be about double that away. All of my aunts and uncles live in the Eastern provinces of Canada, so I would be close to family all around. For me, that is enough to take a job on the East coast, however making more money there (where the cost of living is much less) than I''m making here is a HUGE plus.

Of course, none of this is final yet until I hear I''ve got the job. I don''t doubt I''ll get the job, I just don''t want to put all my hopes into this and then have it come crashing down on me throwing me into some depression.

{slurp}

So I''m looking at another 24 hours (ish) to go before I find out if I got this or not. However, I find out today if I get our new vehicle. Last week I put in an application to receive financing for a new vehicle. Thanks to my father who was willing to co-sign on this because I just didn''t have the credit on my own to get a decent approval (6k down @ 19.9% bleh). Today we are trying to get together the 2k dollars we need to put down on this vehicle. If we get it, we could be in our new vehicle sometime next week. I will be trading in our 2001 Toyota Camry for a 2005 Toyota Sienna. Really excited about this as we''ve been looking for a larger family sized vehicle for awhile and this would be perfect for us. Especially if we just so happen to be making a long distance trip across the country. :)

{slurp}

I''ve also made myself a deal. If I get this job, I will quit smoking. I figure since I started smoking after I move out here, I will quit when I move back. Even if I don''t get this job I''ll still quit, it just won''t be as quick. :)

{slurp}

Well gang, I don''t have a heck of a lot else to say at the moment. So I''ll tie it off here and bid you all a great day. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me. I really hope I can get this job.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment