Thursday, August 11, 2005

v9.4 - Lack of Things to Say

Morning folks,

{slurp}

One more day before the weekend!! I''m excited about the weekend because I''ll be off from this hell hole, but not excited because Katie works every day this weekend. Luckly her shifts are early morning (6AMish) so she''ll be home early afternoon. I call it payback, because she''ll be working the exact same shift I currently work. Now she can get a taste of how things feel for me on a DAILY basis.

{slurp}



Of course, I don''t go looking for ways to gain revenge, I just think this is good one. Sometimes couples can lose sight of the other''s resposibilities especially when one is a stay-at-home parent and the other is the primary income for the family. I know I have had several wakeup calls on what Katie does at home and this weekend she will hopefully get a little taste of what I have been dealing with on a weekly basis. Of course, I''m sure her job is a lot less stressful and more enjoyable (and still new) for her, but getting up that early to goto work and then not getting to bed until later in the evening (which is my own damn fault) can wear a person down over a few years. Meh

{slurp}

Today could potentially be a big day for us. We are in the process of getting approved for financing to buy a new vehicle. Yesterday my application was submitted to a bank here in Calagay and was approved. Unfortunately the interest rate was INSANE and the down payment they wanted was just stupid. My credit information has been resubmitted to another bank and hopefully this one will come back with a much lower interest rate and lower down payment. We are looking to trade in our 2001 Camry for a 2005 Sienna (yes, a mini-van). The main reason is space and ability to transport things. I can''t count how many times we''ve gone to Wal-Mart or some other discount store and purchaced something where we needed to either unbox the damn thing or have someone with a truck or van drop by and help us. The Camry is a great car, but it just isn''t big enough. My kids are starting to get big and with the possibility of a 3rd one in the near future, we will need the extra room.

{slurp}

I''m hoping to get the call sometime this morning and if things go well (which they hardly ever do) I could be into my new vehicle sometime next week. The main difference here is I would own the vehicle instead of leasing it from the dealer. Yes, leasing has its benifits, but to own a vehicle is much better when it comes to building credit and building up your assets; which is something I want to begin working on.

{slurp}

Yesterday I touched briefly on some big news. Well, I don''t mean to tease you all but I have to still wait until I know 100% for certain. It will be a HUGE event for our family and a life changing experience for us. I''m REALLY hoping for the best here, but at the same time I''m thinking it will be too good to be true and not putting a lot of faith in it. Its hard and I think I''m more excited now than I would be if it actually happened.

Oh well.

{slurp}

Well gang, going to head out here and go stretch my legs. Have a great day and hopefully I''ll see you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment