Friday, August 26, 2005

v10.0 - Can I get a WOOT WOOT!

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

IT''S FRIDAY!! And the world rejoices as we place another mundane work week behind us and look forward to a fun filled exciting weekend of being a couch potatoe and licking our fingers.

{slurp}



First off, I need to clear something up. In my last musing I made a couple comments which lead to a little bit of confusion as to the origination. First off, let me start off by saying that I rarely ever plagiarize and I have no intention of giving credit where credit most obviously wasn''t due.

What comment you ask? Well, in my last musing I made a comment to the effect of "Not now but right now!". You all know me by now to know that I will never write something down here without doing at least a little bit of research on it. My brother-in-law (whom we will call Richard for now to protect his identity) seems to have in his head that he was the originator of this phrase "Not now but right now!". Well, I know different :)

Song "Do The Damn Thang" Lyrics (very first line):

"Look, I can see them niggas stuntin to this right now, not now, but right now"

I urge you all to take a little time to check it out. Goto:

1) http://www.google.com
2) Type in (with quotes): "Not now but right now"
3) Click search and enjoy the results

I have found traces of this phrase going back to well before I was born. Considering I am older (by a month neener neener neener) than "Richard", it is safe to assume there was no copyright infringements on my part when I quoted that in my last musing.

Further more... meh, I got nothin''.

{slurp}

Now that the legal mumbo jumbo is out of the way, it is time to move on to more exciting news. I finally got my offer letter (in writing) and I am most definately moving to Halifax!

{listens for cheers}

This has been the most stressful few weeks I have ever had to endure and I am SO glad they are finally over so we can move on with our lives and start a new life on the East Coast. I appreciate everyones support and prayers. Without you guys I don''t think I would have made it through the very low times during this transition. You are all very exceptional hobbitses.

{slurp}

Now that everything is offically a GO, it is time to do some major packing and planning and getting everything in order for this move. We are planning on leaving Calgary September 2nd (next Friday) and starting the 4-5 day trek across the country back East. Time is tickin'' and we need to make sure everything is taken care of before we depart.

As a result of the move, I will most likely not have any musings that week. That isn''t to say I won''t be writing about the trip during the week, it just means I won''t be able to send them out because my server will be packed in my vehicle and I won''t be able to send them out.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I have some loose ends to tie up today and get things ready for when I leave this place. I''ll sign off for now and hopefully I will get a chance to pop out a couple musings next week.

Take care gang!

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment