Thursday, December 2, 2010

v40.7: December 2

Howdy folks,

-slurp-

I appreciate the company I work for.

I can hear the gasps already.  I've spent so much time bashing my job(s) that it feels strange to actually praise it.  There have been so many times over the past year that I've wanted to quit and find something else but every time I even being to entertain the thought, I'm brought back to compare what I have today versus what I'll have tomorrow.  My bosses are very understanding and very flexible.  They are truly good managers.  I have a lot of perks at my job that I just wouldn't get at another company:

  • Being able to take comp time whenever I need to

  • Ability to work from home in the event I need to and don't want to take a vacation/sick day

  • Being flexible with my schedule so I can drop off and pick up the kids from school so my wife can rest

  • etc.


There are so many things I've taken for granted and I highly doubt I could find another company in the city that would offer me these same benefits for the same money.  In fact, I would be very surprised if I could find a better job anywhere in the Maritimes.

-slurp-

Not much is new on the gaming front right now.  I'm debating on whether I want to create a new character in WoW to help pass the time but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.  If you're an active WoW player and have logged in recently, you'll know that "The Shattering" has taken place and the entire world as we knew it has been changed forever.  For those who don't play WoW, there was a cataclysmic event which took place in the game and the entire landscape that has existed since WoW was released in 2004 was severely altered.  Most of the capital cities have been changed and almost all of the landscape has been altered and changed.  New lines have been drawn and places that were once occupied by the Horde are now controlled  by the Alliance and vice versa.  Blizzard has done an amazing job with this expansion and I'm really looking forward to experiencing what they have in store for us next week.  Of course I won't be able to experience the expansion when it comes out, but you can bet I'll be there the weekend after and loving every minute of it.

-slurp-

Well folks, that about all I have time for today.  Tomorrow is Friday and I plan on writing a bit about Eve Online since that is probably what I'll be playing most of the night tomorrow.  If you're interested in learning more about Eve, tune in tomorrow for an overview of the game.  Until then.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment