Monday, March 15, 2010

v34.6: Time Flies

Good Morning folks,

-slurp-

I'm finding it difficult to believe it is already Monday.  This past weekend is a bit of a blur but at the same time, made up with good memories.  I've hosted a lot of LAN parties in the past but this was the first LAN party I hosted that nearly spanned a day and a half.

-slurp-

Before I continue with the story I should point out that I am not drinking a Tim Horton's coffee this morning.  Sadly, it has been a couple days now since I've had one.  Today is simply a home brew coffee with a touch of skim milk in it; just enough to wake me up so I can write.

-slurp-

The LAN party started Saturday afternoon.  Both of my sisters came by for a BBQ supper.  We had burgers and hot dogs and a plain ol' good time.  It was nice, it has been a long time since we all got together and had a BBQ; though it wasn't the same.  My youngest sister has brought over a PC for later when her other half got off work and we were looking forward to an evening/night/morning of playing World of Warcraft.  The setup was fairly simple: we grabbed a card table and set it up behind my desk and that is where we moved my Son's PC (who was sleeping over at a friends house) for my sister to use and then we setup the other PC where my Son's desk was and that was where Juggs was going to play.  It wasn't a perfect setup, but it worked and we played well into the wee hours of the morning.

-slurp-

The next day was much of the same, most of us only had a few hours sleep the night before so we were all dragging our heels around the house.  My sister and her boyfriend decided to stay the day as well and there was more WoW gaming and another BBQ.  This time we had roasted potatoes and steaks along with my wife's rich and creamy Caesar salad.  There was more WoW afterwards and it wasn't until sometime after 10PM they decided to head home so my sister could get some sleep before she worked the next day.

-slurp-

It was a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to a fun week ahead.  Well folks, that's all I have for now.  I plan on writing every day this week though there may be days it will come later than normal.  I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you here again tomorrow.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time.. wish I could have been there...
    Enjoy your March break
    Love you
    Mom XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna know why I wasn't invited back for the 2nd BBQ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT question Dawn!! We went to your place but when we left.. I was planning on just going home while you slept, but then when we got back to Alan's, I think we just on the spurr decided to stay for supper, they were having steaks, so I went out with Katie and picked up some for Jeremy and I! I think we figured you were sleeping and just wanted to be left at it for the day Sunday :( Sorry!!
    And Alan, it WAS a great time! I used to make fun of people who had their little LAN parties (like you and Dad and everyone there).. but I have been sucked in lol Hope we can do that again soon!

    ReplyDelete