Tuesday, July 28, 2009

v28.4: Thinking Aloud

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Another day has started.  The world awoke to find the world is still spinning, the oceans are still moving we still have oxygen to breathe.  There are many things we should be thankful for every single day we are here and some of them we take for granted.

-slurp-



My purpose for Musings over Coffee when I first started writing was to have my own little place on the web where I could think aloud.  When my family and I were living out West, it was a medium my folks back East could use to see what was going on in my life.  It was a way for me to vent my frustrations and a way for me to have some fun.  Last we I went through the exercise of creating trivia questions for everyone but little did I realize that during my week I would be reading musings from a stranger; someone I had forgotten about completely.

-slurp-

My musings had always been fun and free form; basically what ever I wanted to write about was good enough for my readers.  I didn't have a huge following, mostly family with a few co-workers and friends thrown into the mix.  If you haven't had the chance to read those early musings I highly urge you to go back through the archives and start reading from v1.0.  I went back and re-read almost every single musing last week and was surprised; who was this person who wrote these words?  Of course it was me but as I already mentioned, it was like reading the words of a stranger.

-slurp-

I have taken pride in my work here.  I have taken critisism, praise and even the odd angry person here and there.  I've let some of those things get in the way and some have gone up one side and down the other with little affect.  Most of those old comments are lost today due to site transitions but I still remember them.  They helped to shape me into the writer I am today and helped me to take a step back and realize that this isn't a "blog" for just my family and friends to enjoy, this is something for everyone with an IP address to enjoy.  In fact, I even went through the exercise of getting more hits to my site (see the reports under Projects) and for a time the traffic to my musings was doubling every week.

-slurp-

My goal here at Musings over Coffee is shifting slightly.  I've had a lot of fun in the past and I plan on keeping that trend.  I also plan on offering some advice to my readers and giving them something to really think about.  It is easy for me to sit here day after day and tell you how my day went the day before, but if I really want to break out of that shell I need to tread on dangerous waters and put myself out there.  I'm no life expert but I feel I have a lot of life lessons I can related to and help others with.  Afterall, if we don't learn from each other how will we ever advance as a race?

-slurp-

Well folks, this is me "Thinking Aloud".  I have no idea how I'm going to do half of what I just said, but I plan on working toward my goal of sustaining my family with nothing more than writing.  Let the overtime being!

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

3 comments:

  1. think quieter people are trying to sleep around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Katie, you should be more supportive! :P

    Al, you have more experience in areas you don't even realize you have. It's when you explore yourself that you find ways you've grown as a person to help others who have yet to reach that goal. Even little things that you don't think about because it's something you've known for a while, other people may not know about since everyone grows differently and in different areas than other people. It doesn't hurt to start with the simple things and work up from there! I love reading your musings! You can be very inspirational! You definitely have the writing skill to capture your audience's attention! Use that to your benefit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Megan said. I couldn't have said it nearly as well as she did...
    Love you

    ReplyDelete