Tuesday, July 21, 2009

v27.9: Rollercoaster Ride

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

I am work ing from home today.  I had a meeting scheduled for 6AM Eastern so instead of getting up at 5AM and driving into the office I decided to stay home.  Isn't technology grand?  I have the ability to do my job from virtually anywhere in the world; how times have changed.

-slurp-



I am in the middle of writing another musing which I plan on sharing with you all on Friday.  This one is taking a few days to write because there is a lot of research involved; hopefully everyone finds it just as entertaining as I have while writing it.  As mentioned yesterday I plan on "testing" you all this week with Musing trivia.  Yesterday's was fairly easy to figure out since all you had to do was go back through the archives to the first post.  This second one won't be quite as simple.

-slurp-

While I was going through the archives last night trying to dig up today's test, I realized what a rollercoaster ride life has been over the past few years.  I started officially writing my Musings in 2004 and I have kept them on and off over the past 5 years.  Today marks my 270th "Official" Musing over Coffee though there are a bunch of other posts in there that could have been musings had I given them the title.  Overall, I have 357 posts on this board which means there is a lot of crap to read here :)

-slurp-

Today's test is strictly around my Musings over Coffee series.  For the most part, all Musing over Coffee entries should have the Category "Musing" attached to it.  You can utilize any available search engines at your disposal (Google or Bing or even the search on this site) to find this information and if I did my job right, it should be possible to find this on any of them.

Are you ready?

-slurp-

Which Musing over Coffee version did I inform everyone that I got my new job in Halifax and we were moving?

-slurp-

Keep in mind there is a week or more worth of Musings that talk about this, but the one I am specifically looking for is the one where I have confirmation I have the job and we knew we were moving.  I got to reading last night and if you have some time today I urge you to view the last few musings before I moved to Halifax and then read the few after I moved.  To the trained eye, you will be able to sense the transformation starting to happen.  At first Halifax was beautiful but as reality came crashing down on me you can see the chain of events that took place that made my life miserable for the first year or so here.  Of course my views have changed drastically since and I've come to the conclusion that if you absorb yourself in negativity you can only expect negative things out of life.  It wasn't until a friend of mine recommended that I watch "The Secret" that things started to turn around for me.  No, I didn't get rich and I didn't receive any physical healing; but I did have a different outlook on life and things that would have set me off in the past no longer caused such a negative outcome.  I started looking to the positive things in life and as my attitude changed so did my perception of the negative things.

-slurp-

I don't think I need to go into "The Secret" and the law of attraction that they talk about.  Basically, if you fill yourself with anger, hatred, bitterness and every other negative emotion then is it really any surprise that you feel like shit all the time?  Is it any surprise that when something small goes wrong in your life your perception is distorted and you "Make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill?" (I'm starting to sound like my parents)?  My life is so much different now that when I reread some of my musings from that first year I began to wonder who that person was.  I didn't sound like me (today) and in a lot of cases I must have been writing while I was asleep because I have no recollection of some of the things I wrote.

-slurp-

You know what, I think I have enough material here that I could bring it all together and make a book out of it.  Of course I don't expect the material to be anything someone would run out and buy, but it may be cool to see something I've written published with an ISBN so when I apply for a freelance writing position I can say I have published works.  Something to think about I guess.

-slurp-

Well folks, you have your assignment for today and I have work to do.  Remember, just because you hear noises in the night doesn't mean that there is a brain eating zombie waiting for you to fall to sleep.  Sleep well.  Sleep very very well wa haa haa haaaaaa.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

6 comments:

  1. First of all, why is your featured post still yesterdays?? Second of all, your post about the big acceptance into Keane was on Aug 17/05! You sounded so happy to be moving! Haha It was a headache, I'm sure, cause I know from experience myself! It's good to feel right when you know you're doing the right thing for yourself and your family. It really makes you realize that your heart is your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. W0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o I like the new look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I like the clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarr.. it would appear to be a bug in the code for submitting comments. I'll see about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohoo.. I'm logged in.

    ReplyDelete