Friday, July 24, 2009

v28.2: The Endings

Morning folks,

-slurp-

Don't be alarmed, I am not ending Musings over Coffee.  I was rereading a few of my musings and found that there was a time when I would end each musing with a witty piece of advice or pure randomness.  After chatting with a friend at work about it, he agreed that I should dedicate an entire musing to the "Endings" of all my previous musings.  Some are a good laugh so grab a coffee, sit back and enjoy the ride.

-slurp-



Before we get started I wanted to give a little background on why I ended my musings the way I did.  Back when I first started Musings over Coffee I used to end each musing with "Keep your stick on the ice" or some variation of that phrase.  My wife used to get annoyed with me and told me to stop ending my musings that way or she would stop reading them.  As a way of lashing out, I decided to randomly end each musing with a useless piece of advice (or at the time I thought it was useless) or a completely random phrase.  You will see below that there are quite a few different ones and in my recent musings I've decided to bring this random ending back.

-slurp-

For today's Musing Trivia question, I want you to tell me how many times I ended my musings with the "keep your stick on the ice" phrase.  As mentioned above there are many variations of the phrase I used (sticks on the ice for example) so make sure to include those in your calculations.  This is also the last day I will be doing Musings Trivia so you will have until Monday morning to get your answers in for all the musings.

-slurp-

Enough chatter, on with the The Endings!

-slurp-

Fiendz Coffee Musing v1.1

Anyway coffee is gone, so I�m going to cut this off here. Remember, Family, Friends and Linux! Don't mix them together or you're asking for problems And don't try to put them into your coffee, they just don't work

Fiendz Coffee Musing v1.2

Don’t forget to send me your thoughts on how Velcro could be applied at home and at the office

Fiendz Coffee Musing v1.3

Take care you wonderful people. Have a safe and happy holiday season. If you've ever wondered what Christmas would be like in Poland, you can find out here http://www.polishworld.com/christmas/

Musing over Coffee v1.3

Keep your stick on the Ice!

Musing over Coffee v2.0

{slurp} ahhhh

Musing over Coffee v2.2

You are all most exceptional hobbitses.

Musing over Coffee v2.4

Have a great day out there and make sure you look both ways before crossing the street. Remember, that driver may not be paying attention either.

Musing over Coffee v2.5

Have a great day gang and remember, You're only as old as you feel!

Musing over Coffee v2.6

Keep your heads up and watch for falling ice. Fight the fight and finish the race. You are all amazing and wonderful people.

{slurp}

{roll up the rim}

DAMMIT!!!

Musing over Coffee v2.9

Have a great day gang and remember, garbage in – garbage out.

Musing over Coffee v3.0

Remember, its always the other guys fault and you'll never do wrong

Musing Over Coffee v3.1

Take care my friends and remember, keep your friends close but your enemies closer!

Musing over Coffee v4.3

Take care gang and we'll see you out there on the battle field!!

Musing over Coffee v4.5

Remember to always wear a seat belt when driving and please PLEASE buy a hands-free kit for your damn cell phones!

Musing over Coffee v4.9

Take care my family and friends and remember to look both ways before crossing the street.

Musing over Coffee v5.0

Take care my friends and remember to watch for falling ice!

Musing over Coffee v5.1

Don't forget to take time this weekend and treat yourselves to some ice cream. Some say Ice Cream is a soothing substance due to the fact you have a nerve stem in the roof of your mouth that leads to the brain. Yes, I'm talking about brain freeze

Musing over Coffee v5.4

Remember not to stare at homeless people on the streets, they have feelings too

Musing over Coffee v5.5

Take care my friends and remember to brush your teeth.

Musing over Coffee v5.6

Take care my friends and remember to always double knot your shoe laces when running long distances.

Musing over Coffee v5.7

Take care gang and remember to hang your clothes outside this summer to dry. This will help provide a better future for our children and children's children.

Musing over Coffee v5.8

Take care my friends and remember to check your oil in your cars.

Musing over Coffee v5.9

Take care my friends and remember to avoid public pools unless you've had all your shots.

Musing over Coffee v6.0

Take care and remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

Musing over Coffee v6.1

Remember to keep your heads high. We are all human beings and should be treated no different than the person sitting next to us. Only through equality can we truely achieve social perfection. Not like that will ever happen, but life would be nice if it did.

Musing over Coffee v6.2

Remember to always flush and spray when you're done in the bathroom.

Musing over Coffee v6.3

Take care my friends, you are all wonderful people.

Musing over Coffee v6.4

Take care my friends and remember Snow Means Slow!

Musing over Coffee v6.5

Don't forget to conserve water this weekend for our Children's future.

Musing over Coffee v6.6

Remember gang, there is no ”I” in TEAM.

Musing over Coffee v6.8

I've come to the conclusion that drinking too much coffee is making me fat. Oh well.

Musing over Coffee v6.9

keep your stick on the…. errr… look both ways before you cr… errr… dammit.. I need some new material or something. Umm, green means go, red means stop and yellow means accelerate. Or something like that.

Musing over Coffee v7.0

Take care my friends and remember to watch the weather channel for important weather advisories in your area.

Musing over Coffee v7.2

Take care my friends and remember to brush your teeth twice a day.

Musing over Coffee 7.4

Take care all and remember to check under the toilet seat for spiders before you go.

Musing over Coffee 7.5

Well gang, I need to cut this off short. They are watching me.

Musing over Coffee 7.6

So, until tomorrow then, keep fit and have fun.

Musing over Coffee v7.7

Take care all and remember to stay away from broken glass.

Musing over Coffee v7.8

Anyway folks, I'm Prarie Dogging here so I need to run (fast).

Musing over Coffee 9.0

You guys and gals are the absolute best!

Musing over Coffee v9.1

Have a great day and remember to look to the stars.

Musing over Coffee v9.2

Therefore, verily I say unto thee, go forth and take off ye pants!

Musing over Coffee v9.3

Take care my friends and remember to never conform to what society classifies you as, rise up and be a new template!

Musing over Coffee v9.7

Take care my friends and remember to tip your waitress.

Musing over Coffee v12.0 (notice the gap?)

Take care my friends and remember to always always ALWAYS… put one foot in front of the other when walking.

Musing over Coffee v12.1

Remember, snow means slow this winter.

Musing over Coffee v12.4

Everyone remember to keep fit and have fun. Loafing around all day will only leave you feeling glum and blue. Remember to be kind to your fellow humans. Chances are they hate what they’re doing as much as you are.

Musing over Coffee v12.8

{slurp}

{rolllllll}

DAMMIT!!!!!! 0 for 17… Meh

Musing over Coffee v12.9

With that, I will leave you now, but not before I roll up my rim :)

{slurp}

{rolllllllll}

DAMMIT!!!!!

Musing over Coffee v13.1

I know I feel a LOT better after typing this. In fact, I would have to say I feel a great weight off my chest and a little bit happy as I’ll probably laugh my ass off in a few months when I come back and read this.

Musing over Coffee v13.2

Remember, always ALWAYS keep your stick on the ice. Last thing you need is a hockey stick in the face or worse

Musing over Coffee v13.8

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and my roll-up cup will be mine!!  MY PRECIOUSSSSSS!!

Musing over Coffee v14.3

Until tomorrow folks, keep fit and remember to look both ways before crossing the street.

Musing over Coffee v15.0

Until next time my friends, keep your sticks on the ice.

Musing over Coffee v15.4

Tune in next week where I talk about the negative effects of work on your health

Musing over Coffee v15.9

Anyway folks, I plan on getting some cleaning done today and relaxing.  Even though I know I’ll be working despite being off, I should try and actually enjoy my day off before going back to hell.

Musing over Coffee v19.0

Remember to hug someone you love today.  Not only will it make them feel better, but you yourself will feel better for doing it.

Musing over Coffee The Finale

Until next time, Keep your sticks on the ice!!  (I know Katie used to hate it when I signed off this way, but I think she’ll understand this time :) )

Musing over Coffee v20.2

Live life to it’s fullest, enjoy spending time with family and friends.  When you weary and achy from a long day, stand up and do something.  Don’t grow old in that old rocking chair, you’ll regret it.

Musing over Coffee v20.3

Until then, keep your sticks on the ice.

Musing over Coffee v21.9

Life is just too short to fret about things that aren’t important at the end of the day.

Musing over Coffee v22.5

Today promises nothing except pain and anguish so I need to get the lube out.

Musing over Coffee v27.9

Remember, just because you hear noises in the night doesn’t mean that there is a brain eating zombie waiting for you to fall to sleep.  Sleep well.  Sleep very very well wa haa haa haaaaaa.

Musing over Coffee v28.0

Remember to check your tire pressure on a regular basis because there is a lot riding on your tires!

Musing over Coffee v28.1

Remember to always wipe your feet before entering a building, it is just good manners.

-slurp-

Hope you enjoyed The Endings as much as I enjoyed going through every musing and pulling them out for you.  Remember folks, time is tickin' away so do what you want to do today.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

3 comments:

  1. Well, It sure is nice to see what you have been up to lately. Keep your stick on the ice buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I calculate 6 time you used the stick on the ice comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry Al... busy week and even busier weekend. Didn't have time to do your quizes.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete