Friday, February 29, 2008

v13.7 - Happy Friday!!

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

It's Friday!  I can't believe we are at the end of another week and also at the end of another month.  Wow!  Tomorrow morning it will be March 2008.

Where does the time go?

{slurp}

So I was driving around the city today and I can't believe a lot of these people were allowed to have drivers licenses.  Seriously folks, a Yield sign means YIELD and a merge sign means MERGE!!  It is NOT ok to yield at a merge lane and it's not OK to merge at a yield sign..  for the love of God!

{slurp}

Yeah, so as a result of the above, I had a few colorful metaphores spew from my lips.  One of which made me stop for a second as it was a word I hadn't used in quite awhile and had no idea what it really meant.  The word?  Jackass.

{slurp}

After several minutes searching the web for a meaning and origin, here is what I came up with.

The meaning of the word Jackass is a man who is a stupid incompetent fool.  Why is he a stupid incompetent fool?  Well, the data I found on this was a bit sketchy and spotty but I was able to piece together a very loose origin.  Basically, it is from the lat word asinus.  In the binomial nominclature, the species is Equus asinus (the genus is that of horses, the equine).  The idea behind hackass is a male ass.

{slurp}

So there you have it :)

{slurp}

Well folks, I realize the musing is a bit late today, but better late than never huh? :)  Until next time...

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment