Wednesday, February 27, 2008

v13.5 - Beyond the Slurp

Good Morning Folks,

{slurp}

Ahhh.  Today's musing is brought to you by the letter 'F' and an Extra Large Coffee from Tim Horton's.

{slurp}

I was reading over some of my older musings on the weekend and I must say I used to be a witty guy.  In fact, going over the old posts from years ago, it is hard to believe I actually wrote those things; it was almost like reading someone else's work.  I guess I've changed so much over the last few years that it really was a different person who wrote those things.  How sad.

{slurp}

Here we are on day 3 of the Roll up the Rim contest and I still haven't won a damn thing.  I'm starting to have Deja Vu of last year's Roll up the Rim contest.  I believe I didn't start winning until a week into the contest (which was a tad frustrating).  As mentioned before, my significant other works for Tim Horton's and she told me last night that the staff is warned during the Roll up the Rim seasons about angry customers.  Why angry you ask?  Well apparently, in the past, customers come into Tim Horton's around the 3rd or 4th day of the contest complaining that they haven't won anything.  They even go so far as to yell at the staff and blame them.  You see, some customers have this idea that all the Tim Horton's employees around the country are rolling up the rims and giving the customers the losing cups and keeping the winning cups to themselves.  If they only knew the contest rules and read the part about employees :)

{slurp}

Anyway, I keep getting side tracked here at work and I'm not able to fully dedicate my thought process to this musing today.  I need to pick times outside of working hours to write these so I don't get constantly distracted.  I guess it comes with the job when you're a Team Leader of a 7 man team and everyone needs something all the time.  More on this tomorrow and there have been some interesting developments which will hopefully make my time here a LOT more bearable.

Until then!

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment