Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ok, NOW I'm Poor

Good morning folks,

Well, as my musing yesterday mentioned, I had my van in the shop yesterday to get some much needed work done to it.  Well today is another day and I'm a thousand dollars poorer.

Ugh

That's right.  After getting new tires, oil change, safety inspection and having an alignment done, I had to shell out just over a thousand clams.  I wasn't happy with the price, but I was happy with the work.  The van seems to run much nicer and a lot smoother than it did previously.  I also don't sound like I'm doing 80KM/h in the parkade when I round the corners and my tires are screeching.  Overall, despite the loss of money, I'm happy and have peace of mind not only for winter driving but for the occasional check-stop.  You see, driving without a valid safety inspection can net you a HUGE fine and possibly have your vehicle towed.  Both of which I can live without right now.

So today is Thursday.  I am one day away from the weekend and I'm excited about the prospect of heading down to the South Shore to visit family.  I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to swing it this weekend (after the repair bill), but after putting some thought into it I decided we should do it anyway while the weather is still nice and while my grandfather is still alive.  I know that may sound like a horrible thing to say but he is getting quite old now and every year the comment is made about how this could be his "last remembrance day".  Every time I hear that I just want to hop in the car and drive down to visit, but every time something comes up and we're not able to get away.  Not this time dammit!  I've already told work I won't be available this weekend and the kids have already been told we're going.

Of course I'll have to call my mom and ask her if we are still welcome to come down and visit.  I don't think she visits my blog on a regular basis anymore. :)

Well folks, the time has come for me to depart and get some work done.  Thursday is typically my most busy day at work so I'll need to work extra hard to get things done.  Take care and we'll see you here tomorrow.

Cheers,
Al

1 comment:

  1. Yes son, I do read your blog on... a semiregular basis... and only because there was a bit of time that you didn't post so there was nothing new to read.. so there.. (sticks out tongue)
    I'm soooo excited that you're coming this weekend. Can't wait to see you and hear how your meeting went with your boss.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete