Friday, July 29, 2005

v8.9 - Leaving on a Jet Plane

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

No, I''m not taking a trip, but my mind is on Jet Planes today because my Sister and her family are taking off to visit family and friends in the East.

{slurp}



I was up around 4:10am this morning getting ready to drive down to my Sister''s place to pick up her family as well as my Brother-in-law''s brother. They needed to be to the airport for 6am. Luckly the airport is only about 10 minutes from my office so I was heading up here anyway. :) I dropped them off and came to work so I could write to you all this morning. Oh yeah, I also came to work to ummm... Work!

{slurp}

Lives are an interesting thing. You could go through your entire life thinking you know someone and at any moment you could find out something about someone you didn''t know. I''m not talking about anyone in particular here, just a general observation about people. Even people you''ve spent most of your life with can surprise you. Same goes for relationships and family.

{slurp}

Katie and I have been together for 6 years, 3 months and 1 day today. We have had our ups and downs as most couples do. We''ve have made it through situations were the majority of other couples would have called it quits. We''ve been together through a lot of things and we''ve been supportive to each other''s needs. I remember when her father passed away. I remember how helpless I felt because I knew it would hurt her so badly. I remember when we found out she had Thyroid issues and how fatal that can be if it isn''t taken care of.

{slurp}

Experiences in our lives change us. I can recall being a child and watching my mother and father fight through the window while playing outside. I remember my father who always seemed to be the calm type who would just take it. My father was never a violent man, he was forgiving and always fair. He is also a cop, which made for a very sheltered childhood. There were times when I would be so out of control he would need to use excessive force on me to keep me at bay. Yes, I was an out of control child and a very disrespectful teenager. My parents did the best job they knew how and I can only hope to be half that parent to my children.

{slurp}

Every relationship has its issues. Whether it is a love relationship between a spouse or boy/girl friend. There are relationship issues between siblings (thank God my sister doesn''t muse :) ) and issues between friends. My thoughts have been about marriage lately. Some of you don''t know, but I''ve been married once before. My ex-wife was one of those people who felt she needed to be very controlling. Basically, we moved to Calgary to start a new life away from our pasts in the East. She turned into this strange dominating figure in our home and questioned every action I made. If I was late coming home from work by 15 minutes, she had a series of questions to ask why I was late. Hell, if I left for work early, she thought I was up to something. I wasn''t allowed to hang out with my friends, I wasn''t allowed to go out in the evening unless it was with her and her son. Basically, goto work, come home, do nothing. I had finally had enough of her and I broke it off. I wasn''t about to live the rest of my life with this person who had seemingly changed overnight. Yes it hurt, yes I missed her a lot, but in the end I am with Katie and I wouldn''t change that for the world.

{slurp}

Marriage is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. Katie and I could spend the rest of our lives together and not get married, but that isn''t how I want to live. I WANT to marry Katie and I WANT to spend the rest of my life with her. Regardless of the bad times, I still feel her and I were meant to be together. Yes, she can really piss me off and make me want to pull my hair out screaming some Hebrew giberish at the top of my lungs, but that is what makes us... Us. I can never see myself without her in my life just as I could never see us without our children in our lives.

{slurp}

So when is the big date you ask? That is something Katie and I are going to talk about. I would love for my family to be there for it, but I just can''t see it being possible anytime soon. If I get married and they are not present, I will be sure to have it videoed and send them a copy. I do want to go through with this and I will do everything I can to make it happen.

{slurp}

{phew}

{slurp}

So I did something yesterday that I never thought I''d be able to do. I have resigned from MMOGs. I won''t go into all the details as to why, but let me just say that I have no interest in them these days and will be taking a fairly long break. I have been dealing with this decision for a few weeks now and decided yesterday to make it official. I have posted to my guidies and friends and they are all understanding of the situation. My goal is to continue with my WoW account until it expires the first week of August and then I will be uninstalling both DAoC and WoW from my PC. Hell, I may even sell the PC all together and just use my laptop (or buy a new one) for everything. Since I''ll basically be doing email and web surfing, I don''t need a honkin'' box for all that.

{slurp}

Katie will be continuing on with the DAoC playing. She really does like that game and I''m glad she has the support and friendships to continue on and be happy. I didn''t like myself when I played DAoC as I was always so frustrated and angry when I played. WoW changed that quite a bit, but now Katie doesn''t play and I have no desire to run around without her. She was my side kick and I will miss those days. I think I''m going to take some time and focus on my writing and other things. Will I be gone for long? You guys know me better than I know my self :) I''ll probably be back in a month, but for now I''m walking away. Who knows, I may find a hobby or something else to do and never look back. Of course I''ll never forget my friends and I will not be disappearing off the face of the net. You''ll still see me here as well as trolling the HEXE boards.

{slurp}

Well gang, I''ve been writing for about 30 minutes straight without a pause or break (other than my slurps). I need to "jet" and get some work done this morning. I''m trying to get half a day off today, so I may be out of here in 3 hours :)

Take care everyone! This is a long weekend for us so I''ll see you all again on Tuesday. Have a safe and happy weekend.

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

1 comment: