Tuesday, January 26, 2010

v32.7: Stormy Tuesday

Good morning folks,

-suck-

It is a stormy Tuesday morning here in Halifax.  Last night we were hit by a huge rain storm which dumped a whole pile of rain and wind on us.  The wind was blowing so hard I could feel my house moving while in bed last night.  The forecast said we were supposed to get ~80mm (just over 3 inches) of rain but I'm not seeing it.  Other than missing a pile of snow (which I'm happy to see go), there really only seems to be a lot of wind.

-suck-

You've probably noticed that I changed my usual -slurp- with -suck- this morning.  This is because of a co-worker (*wave* Luis), who recently started reading Musings over Coffee, bought me a bag of Brazilian Coffee flavored candies.  They taste... well... not like coffee but they do leave that hint of coffee in your mouth; sweet coffee, which isn't the way I like my coffee.

-suck-

Bleh.  So I had a couple comments about my musing yesterday.  First off, let me say that I have no idea what came over me.  I had the idea in my head I was going to write that on my drive in and at the time it seemed like a good idea.  Let me start off by saying I'm not really sick.  I was writing from a different point of view so if you haven't read it yet, feel free to go back and take a look at it.  It wasn't about me.

-suck-

-slurp-

Ahhh!  I think I may have found the perfect combination of coffee and candy.

-slurp-

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed the tab at the top of the site entitled "Untitled Novel 1".  I put that up there a few weeks back as I plan on releasing my new novel a chapter at a time to the public.  This was the novel I wrote during the November writing challenge I was a part of.  While I didn't quite reach the 50,000 words in 30 days, I did manage to pump out quite a few words and I have been finishing it off and making some edits.  I learned a lot during the writing challenge.  I took a vague idea for a story and turned it into something more.  I didn't plan it out, I didn't have any idea who my characters were or how they would progress, but I put together a fairly good story non-the-less.  It isn't perfect by any means, but if you're not hooked on all that grammar and spelling stuff, you may just enjoy the first chapter.  I plan on releasing the second chapter this week as soon as I've had a chance to go back over it and proof read it a little bit.

-slurp-

Well folks, work is calling and unfortunately I need to answer.  I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!  Remember, just because the light turns green doesn't mean it's safe to drive out into the intersection.  Please look both ways.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

3 comments:

  1. Hey... where did he buy those candies? /me want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said he picked them up at the Dollar store. Not sure how much they cost :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great first chapter.. gave me goosebumps. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete