Thursday, June 28, 2007

Successful!

Good Morning Folks,

{slurp}

Well this is officially the last day of the working week for me.  Since I have to work next Monday which is when most companies will be taking Canada Day, I decided to take the Friday before.  I must admit, this has been a very stressful week for me, but I won't go into that. :)

{slurp}

I found this picture this morning while I was stumbling



I made me start thinking and you know what happens when I start thinking.... :)

{slurp}

What is success?

- an event that accomplishes its intended purpose;
-
a state of prosperity or fame;
-
achiever: a person with a record of successes;

How does success apply to your own life?  Do any of the above "meanings" fit you?  You're probably sitting there wondering whether you've been prosperous or famous lately.  You're probably wondering whether or not you've achieved anything recently.

What is prosperous?

-
comfortable: in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich;

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find much in the way of alternate meanings for prosperous.  Basically, if you're well off and have lots of money (or riches) then you're prosperous.  Of course someone making $50k a year in a small town where the cost of living is low may be considered prosperous while the same person living in a large city (like Toronto for example) would be considered poor not prosperous.  So really, prosperity is relative and shouldn't be something we dwell on.

{slurp}

So this brings me back to success and what exactly defines a successful person.  I'm going to sit and dwell on this for a bit, but I'd love to hear what you all think.  Feel free to comment and tell me in 100 words or less what YOU would consider a successful person.  Is it riches?  Is it family?  Is it happiness?  I look forward to hearing from you :)

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment