Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Welcome Back to Camelot

Morning all,

{slurp} lol

We have been graced with yet another day of existance.  Life as we know it continues on and we learn to embrace things as they are without thought as to their potential.  Seeing is believing and trust in the unseen is often mistaken as religious faith.  Of course I'm no philosophy major so I won't go much futher with that.  I'm just a guy who enjoys writing and talking about stuff that only matters to me.

:)

{slurp}

The other day my wife received an email from Mythic Entertainment.  These folks dreamed up the world of DAoC which is where I spent a lot of time.  Of course DAoC was never the time sink WoW was, it was still a small time sink.  Well, this email stated that Mythic was looking to offer her a chance to Come Back to Camelot for 10 days FREE to see and experience some of the changes.  I used to get these emails but I think my account had the wrong email address attached to it so after I moved to Halifax, I didn't get them anymore.  I decided to embark on the quest to figure out my account information which proved to be difficult as I hadn't logged into the game in over a year (during the last 10 day free thingy) and I had changed the password because I was planning on selling the accout on eBay.

{slurp}

After several days of "hacking" away at my account, I finally figured out the password and was able to login.  A LOT has changed in the world of DAoC and a lot of the changes were quite welcomed by me.  There were a couple "bad" changes, but overall I think the changes were made for the good of the game.  The MMOG market is very competitive.  Seems like every gaming company out there is trying to (or already has) come out with their own style of MMOG.

{slurp}

To make a seemingly long story short, I started playing DAoC the day before yesterday and have been enjoying my time.  Whether I continue with the game or not remains to be seen, but I plan on taking advantage of my 10 days free :)

{slurp}

Well, I must run for now.  Remember to avoid bathrooms in the office place and be wary of critters crawling underneath the toilet seats. :)

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment