Monday, November 16, 2009

v31.7: Monday Moans

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

It is Monday once again.  I've arrived to work today and found my PC a little on the fritz.  For some strange reason it seems to "hang" after logging in and all I see is the corporate desktop background across my dual screens.  There is no indication anything is going on inside; it's dead Jim.

-slurp-

The weekend was good.  I didn't really do much of anything which was a welcome change.  We baby sat both Saturday and Sunday and again today since there is no school for the kids.  Thankfully that is bringing in some cash which helps for the little things.

-slurp-

I had an opportunity to try the new "Call of Duty" game this weekend.  Graphically it is a spectacular piece of work.  The campaign story is interesting as well which helps to fully immerse the person into the game.  There were a couple mission twists that I ran into yesterday and I'm really looking forward to getting home this evening and seeing if I can progress a little further.  I haven't spent a lot of time with FPS recently.  It seems like a lifetime ago when I first installed "Doom" from 3 floppy disks on my old 386 PC.  Fortunately, like riding a bike, it came back to me fairly quickly and I was fragging it up, in the tutorial.

-slurp-

Hard to believe in one month and ten days Christmas will be over.  Three years from that, the world will be over; if you believe in the 2012 prophesy that is.  I've been watching a lot of documentary shows on T.V. around the 2012 prophesies.  While I don't deny there will be a significant cosmic event, I can't see how such an event could possibly cause the end of the world.  The world sits on the verge of ending every second of every day.  When you consider the slightest change in rotation could throw the entire planet off and either hurdle us into the blazing sun or sling shot us out into deep space as we slowly turned into ice.  The perfect balance that needs to be maintained in order for our planet to stay in perfect orbit is crucial for its survival.  We all know the sun isn't going to last forever and with all the solar radiation emitting from it, we're lucky to be standing (or sitting) here today.

-slurp-

I find a lot of prophesy seems to unfold because someone is actively thinking about it.  You've heard about "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction"?  This same "law" could also apply to prophesies.  If someone says the world is going to end in 2012 and everyone thinks that it is going to happen, then we can look forward to the ending of the world in 2012.  I doubt a cosmic event will end our world as we know it, but I bet there are certain factions on the planet today who are getting ready.  Whether they are building a dooms day device or some 21st century version of Noah's Arc, nobody knows.  Unfortunately for most of us, we'll wake up on the 22nd of December, 2012 and it will be just like any other day.  If you live in Eastern Canada, get your snow shovel out because there will be a big storm that night.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, enough talk about doom and gloom.  My PC finally decided to kick into gear and I'm now staring at my desktop.  I hate desktop icons, I hate putting things on my desktop but for all the documents I have and use on a weekly basis, it is the easiest place to put them.  Today I plan on cleaning up my desktop and going through every document I have and getting it filed into folders on the shared drive.  If my PC were to blow up today, I would lose everything on my desktop.  For some strange reasons, that part of my profile is not shared in a central location and is not backed up.  oh boy.

-slurp-

Well folks, I should get to work.  Today is looking to be a very quiet day.  I am currently the only person in on both my teams which is not typical for a Monday morning.  Hopefully people start showing up so we can get started on our fun filled week of work.  Until next time, remember to lift with your legs and not your back; you'll regret it later in life.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

1 comment:

  1. How did that cleaning up your desktop work out for ya? I always have only one line of desktop icons going down the left side of my screen.. anymore and I get a little panicky lol Maybe I have a little OCD in me?

    ReplyDelete