Thursday, September 4, 2008

v19.8 - Moved!

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

We are finally all moved in!  Last Saturday a few family members showed up to lend a hand and together we were able to move everything in one shot.  It was a long day, but we enjoyed each others company and made the day fun instead of dreadful.  After we were done we all had a chance to enjoy some time in the pool.  The water was cold, but refreshing and fun, couldn't have asked for a better day to move.

{slurp}

Of course I'm not going to talk about Moving in the physical sense today, I want touch on moving in an emotional sense.  People are moved in different ways by different things.  Some people can be moved by a song, some by an emotional scene in a movie.  I've seen people moved in many ways by many different things and I feel it is something that defines us as human beings.  I'm sure you've felt that 'ping' within you while watching a movie.

{slurp}

Remember the first time you watched a good martial arts action movie?  When you got up out of the chair afterwards did you attempt to mimik a kick or karate chop?  Did you hurt yourself? :)  To be moved emotionally is to shift your perspective to look at things from a different angle.  Some emotional moves are permanent while others are temporary and only last a short time.  A great example of a permanent shift is experiencing the birth of your child.  I made sure I was present for both of my children's births and I can honestly say the first changed me forever.  To watch this life you helped create become an independent part of this world, to hear the first cry, to see them move for the first time is a very emotional and moving experience.  Just writing about it is a moving experience for me because of how much of a permanent shift it was.

{slurp}

Think back over your life and remind yourself of the permanent shifts you experienced in your past.  Perhaps you had a near death experience or something simple like heard a song that changed your life.  Feel free to share these experiences with your friends and family.  If the reason for the move was because of someone, share it with them.  I can guarantee that by sharing it, you stand a good chance of causing a move in someone else.

{slurp}

Until next time...

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment