Tuesday, August 19, 2008

v19.4 - A Novel Idea!

"You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or even despair-the sense that you can never completely pu on the page what's in your mind and heart.  You can come to the act with your fists clenched and your eyes narrowed, ready to kick ass and take down names.  You can come to it because you want a girl to marry you or because you want to change the world.  Come to it any way but lightly.  Let me say it again: you must not come lightly to the blank page."
- Stephen King

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

Last night was a fairly restless night for me.  I tossed and turned most of the night and when I finally did doze off to sleep I was woken by a wacky dream or strange sounds in the night.  I don't know why, but I had this feeling of something evil in the night.

{slurp}

I'm planning on writing a short story.  I plan on writing several short stories to be truthful, but for now I want to focus on one idea I've been throwing around in my head.  My plan is to share this story with everyone here and release it in chapters (do short stories have chapters?).  I'll be creating a new page which will link to the new chapters as I "complete" them.  I'm looking for YOUR help to help me fine tune and polish this story.  Your constructive criticism is welcomed and I'm call on the grammar police to come help me out here.

{slurp}

As part of my musing, I will give you all and update on the story and how it is progressing.  For now, let's say the story is in my head and I need to dump that to paper before I lose it.  Once I've gathered all my ideas and thoughts, I'll begin to construct the story by creating a time-line and plot.  My goal is to have something for you all to read by the end of September since I'm in the middle of packing for my move next weekend and then time to settle into the new place.  My goal is to have the story completely written by the end of November at which point I will begin on the next great idea and go from there.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, just wanted to get that thought out there to you all.  I will try to keep you updated daily on my progress and we'll see where this idea takes me :)

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment