Monday, August 18, 2008

A More Positive Outlook

The happiness of too many days is often destroyed by trying to accomplish too much in one day. We would do well to follow a common rule for our daily lives - Do Less and Do It Better.- Dale E. Turner

Morning folks,


Rejoice for it is Monday!!  You're probably asking yourself why the heck would you rejoice on a Monday, we should be thinking ahead to Friday and then party.  Well ask yourself, if it wasn't for Monday, would you still look forward to Friday? :)

Sometimes all people need is a shift in perspective to see things in a different light.  As my example above shows, you can take something that is normally dreaded and turn it around to something good.  I've been a negative person most of my life.  I've always looked for the worst in things/people and expected failures.  In my mind, if I expect the worst and things end up working out, I feel great because I was expecting total failure.  I guess you could say I am somewhat of a pessimist :)

Up until recently I used to write a semi-daily blog titled "Musing over Coffee".  This wasn't originally my idea and I give all the credit of the idea to the original Musing over Coffee writer.  I took the idea, expanded on it and began writing.  I ended up making approx. 200 blog entries under this heading which can all be found on this site.

A month or so ago I decided to discontinue the idea.  It was a difficult decision as it was something I had been doing since 2004 and I really enjoyed writing it.  I decided to close the book on that line of musings and thought I would do something different.  My passion is writing and I want to continue doing that, so I was going to register a new domain, start a new blog and begin from scratch.  After thinking it over for a few weeks, I've decided that isn't acceptable and so....

Musing over Coffee v19.3 - A New Beginning!

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Yes, I'm back!  I apologize for the lapse in sanity last month, but my family and I have been under a little bit of strain due to some fairly big changes (good changes) in our life so I've been going a little crazy (more so than usual).

{slurp}

I plan on keeping the Musing over Coffee theme going and I plan on getting back to my roots and writing interesting and amusing posts for your entertainment pleasure.  My family and I are in the process of moving (yay!).  We bought a beautiful house in a nearby community and we've been busy getting ready to move (August 30th is Move Day).  We are really looking forward to moving into this nice house and be settled in.

{slurp}

In addition to the new house, we also bought a new car last week.  We bought the vehicle to cut down on monthly expenses since we will be incurring a few extra expenses with the new house.  We're getting closer to the end of the year (Christmas & New Baby) and I want to make sure we're prepared.  I was, after all, in the Boy Scouts :)

{slurp}

Well folks, I need to cut this off here as I have some work to do and my bosses (yes, plural) are back from Vacation and are going to want a dozen status updates.

Until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment