Friday, June 13, 2008

v18.4 - Friday the Thirteenth

Morning folks,

{slurp}

We've been blessed with another day.  Not just any day mind you, it is FRIDAY!!!  the thirteenth.

{slurp}

This Sunday is Father's day.  Personally, as a father, I am looking forward to getting the little hand made gifts from my kids.  I love it when they spend time and make things for me and with the exception of a few disasters, I've kept every single thing they've made for me so far.

{slurp}

Yesterday my wife (the impatient person she is) decided to give me my Father's Day gift early.  I was VERY surprised when I opened the package.




For those who don't recognize what this is, you can read up on it HERE

{slurp}

I plan on making a trip down to my grandfather's old place tomorrow to pick up some stuff.  I still don't feel right about taking anything that was his, but there are a few things we could really use around our house and it will be nice to have something that used to be my grandfather's around.

{slurp}

Yesterday we had an interesting note appear on our door.  But more on that in a minute, allow me to give you a bit of background and tell a quick story.  Grab your coffee, get comfortable and open your mind to endless possibilities.

{slurp}

It is June 2007 and we have just moved into our new place.  We are really excited and things are starting to look up for this family.  The area where the townhouse is located is a mini-cul-du-sac and every other house (out of approx 15) has a family with children living in it.  Summer is just starting and the weather is beautiful.  For the first time ever, the children are allowed to play outside without "too much" worry.  Kids are knocking on the door asking to play, the neighbours are inviting us over for a BBQ and we are starting to get to know the people.  Things are looking up.

Over the course of the next  year leading up yesterday, we watched families move out and watched families move in.  In some cases families moved out and were replaced by older couples who either didn't have children or who's children are grown.  One by one the families with children disappeared and were slowly (and painfully) replaced.

The weather has started to get nice lately and we've been spending more and more time outdoors.  The courtyard in front of our place seems the best place to "play" since there is lots of room, it is paved (good for bikes and scooters) and easy to watch so we can keep an eye on the kids.  Until yesterday.

{slurp}

Folks, keep in mind my kids as well as the other kids who still remain in our complex have been playing in this courtyard since I moved in.  One of the reasons we chose the place was because of all the kids that were playing in the courtyard when we were looking.  Kids need a place to play, parents need to allow their kids to go outside and play with other kids and have the ability to do chores around the house and keep an eye on them.  The courtyard was perfect for this.

{slurp}

Yesterday we had a note attached to our door as did everyone in the complex.  The note was short and bitter sweet.  There were to be no children playing in the Courtyard.  The note even went so far as to start off, "This is a reminder....".  A REMINDER?!?!  I have been living here for over a year now and this is the first I've read that my children were not allowed to play in the courtyard.  According to our building superintendent, there is something written in there about it under "House Rules".  We are in the process of digging this out and taking a look at it.  I don't remember ever reading that in the "House Rules" but we'll see I guess.

{slurp}

The vibe in the complex last night was strange.  You had all the families with children glaring out the windows at the people who you KNOW caused this.  There is one lady in particular who lives a few doors down who looks like they are constantly chewing on a lemon.  She reminds me of a cranky old witch who likes to cook children and eat them.  There are a couple people who live in our complex that I KNOW don't like Children.  You can tell when they step out of their units and have this hate filled glare on their faces.  I have no doubt in my mind that they would willingly hurt the children if it wasn't for all the parents watching them.  I don't trust them, and now I can't even stand living in the same area as they do.  The are a poison to society and the reason there are things like war and fighting.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, just wanted to fire off a quick note to brag about my new Video Card and vent about yesterday's note and bull shit :)  Hope you all have a great day and a safe and happy weekend.

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment