Thursday, May 8, 2008

v17.9 - Garbage Day...

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

What a morning this has been.  Hopefully things pick up, but so far it doesn't look like it :)

{slurp}

I started things off early (6:30am) today.  I know that isn't early for some of you, but we typically don't get up until sometime shortly after 7am.  I began by gathering as much garbage as I could.  You see, in our area of town, they only do garbage collection every other Thursday and sometimes (when they don't show up before I wake) on Tuesdays.  I ended up spending an hour gathering up all the garbage and ironing my clothes for work.  Yes, I know how to iron and while it isn't one of my favorite things to do, it is necessary to look half presentable for work.  For whatever reason, our dryer decides to take all our clothes and crumple them into tiny balls.  Even my jeans are wrinkled beyond wear and I have to iron those as well.

{slurp}

While all this was happening I also had to find time to get the kids up for school and get them breakfast.  My son is really good for getting up and getting ready on his own (he is 8 years old after all) but I basically told my daughter that I didn't have time to sit there and dress her and get her ready and she would have to be a big girl and do it herself.  She did, and it only took her 30mins to get out of bed and get dressed and get downstairs which is almost as long as it normally takes with me helping, so that was a good thing.

{slurp}

Things were going half good, we got the garbage out to the curb on time (6 bags, a kitchen table, and old lamp and and old lawn chair) but it was what I found after that set me off.

{slurp}

The weather has been getting nicer lately and as such we've started buying freezies for the kids.  Well, finding a bunch (at least 5) freezie wrappers and a jello container in the corner by the TV COVERED in ants was the last straw.  Needless to say, my kids are officially grounded from ALL snacks today and probably tomorrow too.  There were literally hundreds of ants everywhere.  If you remember last year, we had an ant problem as well and it was a bugger to get rid of them.  In fact, I don't think there was ever a point last year where we truly got rid of all the ants, we just make sure we were careful with the food and such on the floor and keep things clean so they wouldn't come around as much.

{slurp}

Also this morning I ended up driving 4 kids to school.  This was the least amount of stress today, believe it or not.  I also had to drop the car off at the garage this morning as it is time to get the winter tires off and to get the oil changed ($500 bucks).  I was there on time and checked in.  Then, to make my morning extra fun, they forgot about me and I had to wait an extra 30ish minutes for the shuttle van to come back so they could drive me to work.

{slurp}

All this before 9am and I still have 8 long hours ahead of me :)

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment