Friday, March 10, 2006

v12.9 - Rope on a Dope

Morning folks,

{slurp}

It is officially Friday! We have shuffled off this mortal coil and have given pause and all that other shit. The gods have bestowed apon us a couple days of rest but first, we must face the trials and tribulations of FRIDAY!

{slurp}



Apologies all around for no musing yesterday. I awoke early to head to the airport to pick up my mother-in-law. Her flight was supposed to arrive at 10:05am (or there abouts) and ended up being delayed for 45 minutes. I rushed the folks back to our place and headed directly to work. I arrive at work an hour late for training and ended up sitting around and talking shop until around 8pm. It was a LONG day and I'm so glad it is finally Friday.

{slurp}

Today I am also in training for the morning, so I thought I'd come in a wee bit early and get this musing off to you all. So far I am 0 for 18 in the 'Roll up the Rim' contest. I wouldn't even call it a contest anymore because everyone else is winning because I'm always losing.

{slurp}

I digress.

{slurp}

Hopefully everyone has a safe and happy weekend. My father is in the area this weekend and told me he was planning on dropping by tomorrow to visit before heading home to New Brunswick. He is supposed to be bringing a bed for us, but I'm not going to hold my breath :) This will be the 3rd or 4th attempt at getting this bed and Katie and I are damn tired of sleeping on an Air Mattress. I suspect if he doesn't bring the bed with him this trip, we may have to bite the bullet and buy a bed. Something I most definatly do NOT want to do, but I'm just not getting the sleep I should be, all because of sleeping on an Air Mattress for the last 6 months.

{slurp}

Other than my father coming by Saturday, there are no plans for the weekend. I suspect we'll head down to the harbour if its nice out, take the mother-in-law on a tour of the city (should only take 5 minutes) and just sit back and relax before starting this pattern of bull shit again on Monday.

I grow weary of my job. I won't say I hate it, but I definately don't like it much :) I want to get back to my UNIX roots and do Sys Admin again, but that doesn't seem to be an option right now and I doubt it will be anytime in the near future. Meh.

{slurp}

My boss and I stood around talking last night before leaving work. In fact, it turned into an hour chat about the team, the job, the company and all the other shit that goes along with it. It was a great chat. I wanted to touch quickly on one of the topics that came up. Extrovert and Introvert people.

Extrovert
An individual interested in others or in the environment as opposed to or to the exclusion of self.

Introvert
One whose thoughts and feelings are directed toward oneself.

I thought about this for a long time last night, trying to figure out what kind of person I am. Apparently people are either Extrovert or Introvert and by definition, I don't feel like I'm either. I think it would be safe to say that everyone is a little bit of both. MOST people have what is called 'Self Preservation'. Let's face it, people just don't want to die (by default). A person will do whatever it takes to ensure the are self preserved and avoiding harm. However, if the person is a parent, they will do virtually anything to ensure the life of their child is preserved despite the cost of their own life.

{slurp}

Very interesting stuff and I would like each of you to spend some time this weekend thinking about yourself and which type of person you are.

With that, I will leave you now, but not before I roll up my rim :)

{slurp}

{rolllllllll}

DAMMIT!!!!!

I'm never going to win!!

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment