Friday, February 24, 2006

v12.2 - Dodgy Friday

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Well, it is finally Friday!! The week of hell and torture is almost behind us and a new week of stress and pain is about to begin. Enjoy the next two days!

{slurp}

Well, today is already shaping up to be the worst day ever. I was almost late for work, I arrive to some bad news at work which will require a 'meeting' of my bosses to discuss our performance. This is pure bull shit! Oh well, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

{slurp}

My son has no school today. Katie tells me there is some sort of Professional Developement day for teachers today. I haven't done any research other than 'life' research and I can tell you there is no way teachers use these days to help them teach better.

I spent 13 years in school (K-12) and most of my teachers SUCKED. Yes, we got these kinds of days off as well back then, but there were a lot fewer than the kids of today. Our teachers were old, crusty and bitter toward us. Envy of Youth I guess you could say. Hell, some of my teachers taught some of the kid's parents in my class. I wasn't the greatest in Math class, but I can pretty much calculate how old you are when you tell us stuff like that :)

{slurp}

Of course school doesn't only teach you Math, English, History and the various other subjects. No no, school also teaches people to cope with life in the world. They are the stepping stones to making you conform to the government, laws and all the other things that keep us 'civilized'. We learn how to deal with bullies, deal with boys and girls, deal with fairness, winning, losing and all the other life lessons people miss out on if they don't attend a school. Home schooled children will get some of this teaching, but in my opinion, they will lack on the majority of the experiences and may make bad decisions in life. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.

{slurp}

As I mentioned, my son has the day off from school today. Katie took him over to a friend's house this morning to play for the day. Hard to believe he is getting so big to want to have 'play dates' with friends. Leaving the preverbial crib and making his way out into the world preparing himself for the inevitable leaving of the nest. Brings a tear to my eye.

{slurp}

Well folks, I knew this was going to be a shorter musing today because of how busy we are on Fridays. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and we'll see you all bright and early on Monday.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment