Wednesday, February 15, 2006

v11.5 - Happy Valentines Day!!

Afternoon folks,

{slurp}

I just realized this is my first ever Valentine's Musing. It is hard to believe I've been doing this for over a year (officially almost a year) but we're approaching the offical date of my very first published Musing.

{slurp}



I've been pondering a lot lately. I've been pondering the meaning of life, the meaning of love and the how the hell they got that soft flowing caramel inside the caramilk bark!!

{slurp}

Seriously though. I've been searching for my inner child. The one I used to hate because I was always so skinny and picked on a lot. You hear stories all the time about that kid who grew up to seek vengence on the human race by gunning down his school mates or co-workers in a fit of manic depression.

No, I don't have any plans on doing anything remotely like that. My plans are much much Worse!! :)

{slurp}

I've been spending some time trying to get a grasp on what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. Ever get that feeling you 'should' be doing something but you can't quite figure out what? Unfortunately, but the time you figure it out, you're already too late and kicking yourself in the ass for not remembering it.

I'm in that state right now. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something, but I can't remember (or can't figure out) what I'm supposed to be doing. Maybe I'll get it, maybe I'll be kicking myself in the ass later; who knows?

{slurp}

I've been playing video games too much these days as well.

Well, I wouldn't say TOO much :) I've been playing more than I should. I recently started playing my Hunter on Uldum again (in WoW) and I'm really enjoying it. We are in a pretty good guild over there and are starting to make some online friends fairly quickly. Katie has also rejoined me on Uldum but since she got rid of her account awhile back, she has started over new as a Warlock. I can't speak for her, but I think she really likes playing it. I too have started a new character, or at last resurrected an old one, and I've been having fun leveling that toon (a Mage for those who are interested).

{slurp}

Video games bring a certain 'escape' for me. For a brief period of time I am no longer the person I am, but I'm a Night Elf named Ralic who wields two massive Axes and chops critters into tiny bits. I also have a big bow which I use to pick off the mobs in the distance as they wander around aimlessly looking for thier next victim. All in all, I'm really no different than the AI NPCs (Non Player Characters) in the game. I find a mob, I try to kill it. Mob finds me, it tries to kill me. Perfect hack and slash type of play; I love it!

{slurp}

Recently picked up a game card for my son to reactivate his account. Two reasons for this expense:

1) Gets him off our accounts. He likes to play the game and has a lot of fun exploring the world and leveling characters. I think he has over 100 toons in that game and has maxxed out the allowed number of toons per account at least a dozen times. I keep going in and deleting characters when he isn't looking, but he always manages to fill it up.

2) Katie's new toon and my Mage are in their mid 30s. Our son's character is currently level 32 or 33. This makes a perfect playing field for all of us to sit down in the evenings and play together.

My daughter likes to play the game, but she has yet to grasp the concept of it and usually just runs around the world aimlessly (remember those mobs I was talking about earlier?) and finding new ways to kill her toon because she likes to run around in the Twisted Nether. Its cute to watch her play.

{slurp}

All in all, life is fairly normal around home. I'm trying to exercise some disipline with myself to post more and write more, but something always comes up!

We had a fairly massive snow storm on the weekend which dumped quite a bit of snow. Oddly enough, it was +2 Celcius today with a forecast of +4 tomorrow and +7 for Friday. NOT typical Maritimes weather I'll admit, but I'm not complaining. Calgary spoiled me when it came to weather. I heard it was +13 there yesterday.

{slurp}

Well folks, my afternoon is turning into the evening. I should run and get some work done so I can go home.

Hope you are all doing well. I'll be working on getting this musing emailed out again real soon, so stay tuned!

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment