Friday, December 9, 2005

v10.8 - Make it Snow Number 1

Afternoon All,

{slurp}

Well, today it is going to Snow in Halifax. In fact, there is a Heavy snowfall warning in effect for today. Already we've seen some light flurry activity, but nothing in the way of a good ol' Maritime Snow Storm.

{slurp}



Quite funny actually. In Calgary, they used to have Snowfall Warnings that were NOTHING compared to a Snowfall Warning here. I remember growing up and having six foot snow banks to play on with snow in the yard up to my arm pits. Of course I wasn't as tall then as I am now, and everything seems so much bigger when you're younger, but I have never seen as much snow in Calgary as I saw back in the Maritimes.

{slurp}

As a result of the snowfall warning, I plan on leaving work a little bit early today. It is my hope to get out of here around 3pm (less than an hour from now) so I can get ahead of the storm and the rush hour idiots that can't seem to drive.

{slurp}

This weekend is supposed to be a fairly busy weekend for us. Tomorrow (Saturday) my father is driving down to visit us here in Halifax. Hopefully, if he's still coming, he has a safe trip in the weather that is heading our way. I suspect he will leave tonight and spend the night at my Grand-Dad's place and then take a short drive tomorrow to visit us. My Grand-Dad only lives about an hour away from Halifax.

Sunday we are planning on heading out to my Grand-Dad's camp to have our Anual Family Christmas tree gathering get together. There will be lots of family there from my Dad's side and a potluck supper to boot. Should be fun to get to hang out with my aunts and uncles and hopefully some cousins I haven't seen in a number of years. Looking forward to a good time for sure.

{slurp}

Other than that, we're still playing WoW and having a blast. Tonight I should be dinging 60 on my Rogue on Medivh. If it wasn't for the massive case of "Altitus" I have, she would have been 60 a LONG time ago. :) As a result, I have several toons on Medivh in their 20s and the rest in the teens. That, of course, is above and beyond the 60 on Uldum I have and the toons in their 30s and 20s over there. Yes, I haven't seen the sun in some time.

{slurp}

Well, time to wrap this up and get ready to head out the door. Hopefully I'll have a chance to write Monday afternoon sometime.

Take care for now my friends...

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment