Monday, May 9, 2005

v4.7 - Day 1

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

For starters, I apologize for the mixup last week. It seems I sent out my Musing on Friday with the same version number as Thursday''s musing. I have corrected my mistake on my webpage, but the emails that went out said v4.5. Thanks to the person who corrected me on my mistake :)

{slurp}



So, today is Day 1. Day 1 of what you ask? Oh, I''m so glad you asked!

{slurp}

Last night while I slept (and it was a sweet sweet sleep), I came up with this great idea about how I am going to deal with this last week of work before I take some holidays. First off, lets make sure you all have seen the movie Office Space :) If you haven''t seen this particular movie, you NEED to go out and rent/buy it ASAP and watch it before the week is over. It is a hilarious movie about an office and the lives of people who live in Cubeville.

{slurp}

Of course, the movie starts off during the drive in to work. Traffic seems to be backed up for miles and there is no end to the madness in sight. Our main character of the story decides he is going to switch lanes as the other lane looks to be moving a bit faster. He switches lanes and that lane stop. The other lane (he switched from) starts to move and he decides to switch back. Of course, that lane stops as well :) It is quite funny and I laughed through most of the movie because it reflects exactly what life around here can be like most days.

{slurp}

So, that movie again is called Office Space. Check your local Walmart or head over to Blockbuster and pick up a copy to watch tonight. You''ll be glad you did :)

{slurp}

Anyway, during the movie our main character goes in for some hypnotic therapy to help him with his stress. The hypnotist tells him to forget all his worries and pains and then dies without bringing him back out of the trance. This leaves our main character in a state of relaxation and not caring about anything. This gets him in trouble but in the end it works out for the best for both his love life and his career.

{slurp}

This week, I''m taking a similar approach with my job. Yes folks, this is Day 1 of my ''I don''t give a Shit'' work week. I will do my job but I won''t do much more than that. Hell, I may not even do my job :)

{slurp}

I can see the worry on all your faces right now wondering if this guy has finally snapped. I assure you, I''m quite the opposite right now. My goal is simple and my reasons are selfish. I want to go through this last week of work before my holidays without a care in the world. I figure it takes me a good couple days to wind down from a work week and I don''t want one freakin'' day to be wasted while I''m on holidays due to work kicking me in the ass.

{slurp}

So this is Day 1 and I have nothing to report because I just got here and I had an overall good weekend. I trust everyone here had a good weekend and was able to celebrate Mother''s day in one way or another. Our Mother''s day started off in the total wrong direction but ended with a smile.

{slurp}

On Saturday we had to run over to the mom-in-law''s place to drop off a Mother''s day gift Katie made. That''s right, this year Katie made a gift for her mother for Mother''s day. She got the idea out of a Kids Craft book and it was made entirely of candy and other edible treats. There were rice crispy and marshmellow flowers with pieces of red liquorice and the leaves and grass were made from green liquorice. The whole thing looked really nice after it was all complete and she did a great job in putting it all together. Especially with the kids wanting to watch and touch. We took that over early Saturday and then went for a drive just to get out of the house for awhile.

Do I ever need this vacation.

{slurp}

Overall it was a great weekend and I''m actually feeling rested and ready to start this week of work. The job search has proven to be less than productive as I haven''t found anything worth applying for yet. There was a job in Halifax I saw for a web developer which seemed to fit me perfectly for about $10/hour more than what I''m making currently. I had thought of applying but immediatly disregarded it due to not being able to make it there for an interview and having no idea how I would move my family out there. Would be nice to be back East where my family lives, but for now I''m going to stick with Calgary and hope I find something similar soon.

{slurp}

Well folks, I should get my day of slacking started and delete some important emails :) I hope you all have a great day and we''ll see you back here again tomorrow morning for Day 2!

{slurp}

Ahhh

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment