Tuesday, April 7, 2009

v23.1 - Sleepy Rain

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

Here is my musing take 2.  You would think after years of writing these things that I would finally learn that tabbing out to do some research or lookup something would result in loss of cursor focus on my writing window so when I hit the backspace key to delete something I just wrote it actually hits the back button on my browser instead resulting in the loss of EVERYTHING I have just written.

{slurp}

Granted I did not have much written, only a few paragraphs but my thoughts are typically like a flash of lightning; brilliant for an instant and then forgotten.  Such is my life.

{slurp}

We are expecting a lot of rain today.  Overnight last night and today there are calling for approximately 35mm of rain.  There is so much rain coming that the Environment Canada Weather service has issued a heavy rainfall warning for today.

{slurp}

Of course the rain has nothing to do with me being sleepy.  In fact, by the time I went to bed last night the rain still had not officially started.  The sleepy part comes from staying up later than usual to watch a great movie that was recommended to me by a friend at work.  It is called "Into the Wild".

{slurp}

I highly recommend this movie.  It is based on a true story and because this guy documented all his experiences and wrote down everything he did (he was looking to write a book about it) the movie is fairly accurate to true life events.  I won't spoil the end of the movie for you but it is well worth the watch.  A quick synopsis: the main character graduates from college and has his whole life ahead of him.  He is on the path to success and has everything going for him.  He gives it all up (and I mean ALL) to hitchhike to Alaska to live in the wild.  He meets a lot of interesting people along the way and learns many life changing lessons.  The movie is a bit on the long side (148min) but well worth the watch in my opinion.

{slurp}

Of course I'm not about to give up everything and run off to go live in the wild north.  The movie did get me thinking about life in general though and how far we've come as a society.  I couldn't imagine living off the land with none of the comforts I've grown to "depend" on.  I put depend in quotes there because while we say we don't need these things to survive, I can't imagine life without them.  In some ways, we've become dependent on technology and that scares me a little bit.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, work is beckoning me so I need to take off and bow down to my masters.  Until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment