Saturday, March 7, 2009

v21.4 - Sleepy Saturday

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

I don't know why I'm so tired today.  I got to bed at a decent hour and slept fairly well but I am still having issues getting motivated today.  We have company showing up here later today for supper so most of the family is busy cleaning to ensure the place looks half respectable.  I'm just dragging my ass for some reason.

{slurp}

Well I have coffee in hand and I thought it would be a great opportunity to go ahead and write my daily musing.  It's a beautiful day out today; the sun in shining, the snow is melting and people are out and about taking in the good weather.  Unfortunately, not all is sun and good weather here at home.  I don't know why my wife takes it upon herself to put herself in such a god awful mood when there is cleaning to be done.  As I mentioned already, we're expecting some company today and she decided she wants to clean the entire house from top to bottom; by herself.  Of course those of us who try to assist or are just "in the way" get yelled at leaving a very uncomfortable feeling.  For instance, my son and I were outside playing a game of catch.  I all of a sudden started to feel guilty playing catch with my son while my wife was inside cleaning.  All of a sudden this box full of cardboard comes flying out the front door and lands on the driveway between my son and I.  It was quite obvious my wife was a bit pissed off about something and this was her way of saying "do something for a change".  We deposited the box full of cardboard into the bin and continued our game of catch.

{slurp}

While it is nice that my wife feels the need to clean on a Saturday, I on the other hand didn't work all week to spend my weekend cleaning the house.  I want to do on my weekends what I don't get to do during the week; spend time with my family.  So why do I feel guilty and wrong for wanting to do that?

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I must run along and take care of something before I get yelled at as well.  I really dislike being yelled at, especially when there is no reason for it.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment