Friday, July 11, 2008

v19.1 - Only Time Will Tell

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
-- Dale Carnegie
 
 
 
Morning Folks,

{slurp}

The gods have decided that we shall live yet another day.  Thankfully that day is Friday and that day is today.  I wonder who will be here to write these musings when I'm not around any longer?  Only Time Will Tell...

{slurp}

As mentioned, today is Friday.  Today is also the day I find out about my raise here at work.  I arrived at work unusually early today (walking through the door at around 6:45am).  Normally my work day starts around 9:00am, but today I just couldn't sleep and decided to get up and start my day a bit early.  I'm glad I did.

{slurp}

Today is also the day we hopefully find out about the financing for the house we are trying to buy.  Everything (and I mean everything) hinges on this one approval and I just can't seem to shake the thoughts of the issue we had last year when we attempted to buy a house.  I'm worried.

Of course this time we're using a totally new Realtor, a completely different Mortgage Broker and walking into it with a clear understanding of how the system works and what to expect.  Despite all that, I just can't shake that feeling of dread and worry that something horrible may go wrong and we'll end up going through a similar situation as last time.  Thankfully my Realtor is also my brother-in-law and we had a chat about this last night as I was helping him pick up some underlay flooring for their bathroom.  He assured me he would not let this deal go beyond the commitment date unless he was absolutely certain we had financing and everything else in place.  In a way that is comforting, but that doesn't change the fact I was burned bad before and am a bit hesitant about jumping back into buying a house.

{slurp}

That all said, I'm also anxious to find out how we stand (financially) and whether this application for mortgage is approved or not.  I really do hope we get it.  Of course, I also hope I get a raise this year but when you make as much money as I do (laugh) and even your boss has admitted that you make more than most (argh)  you kind of lose hope that you'll get any raise.  This isn't what I signed up for and if I don't get a raise, I plan on sticking with my original plan and look for other work.  Well, I should also point out that if I don't get a good raise (one that kind of makes up for the last two years and lack of cost of living increase), I will most likely be looking for another job.  I like working here, but life isn't getting any cheaper for us and with the possibility of buying this house and the new baby on the way, I need to find something new (or something in addition) to ensure I can provide for my family.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I didn't come into work early today to muse :)  Although I most likely will be musing to myself while I work all alone here.  Most of the guys on my team don't start to show up until around 9am so  still have a couple hours.  I plan on getting a load of work done today and hopefully get out of here a bit early for a change.

{slurp}

Until next time.

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment