Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Official!!

I have broken the bonds of World of Warcraft!

No seriously, I have decided to throw in the towel on this very addictive game. My reasons are mostly personal, meaning I'm doing it for me and my family vs. anything in-game causing me strife. The game itself is good, I love the game play, the graphics and camaraderie but I also love playing with my kids and watching TV and taking part in my Son's homework/projects and reading and writing and all these other things people do daily. By playing World of Warcraft a lot of the time, I've taken those things away from myself and my family. I used to read a lot, I used to write a lot and play with my kids a lot more. Now I find I'm spending a lot of time in front of a PC playing a video game which is NOT where I wanted to be.



So I'm pulling the plug on the addiction. My account expired yesterday and The last couple evenings I've decided to just say NO! I haven't logged in, I haven't even thought about the game. My son plays, but I think once he realizes Dad isn't playing anymore, he will decide to unplug as well.

All of this is part of my grand scheme to quit the things that control my life. Step 1 was quitting smoking which I feel I've done an excellent job of and hope to actually write something about it very soon. Check out my Quit Smoking page for more info. I'm going to be dedicating this website to my personal steps (goals) and I'm going to document the outcome and solutions/resolutions here. If I fail, I'll still write about it and hopefully identify where I went wrong so I can pick up the pieces and try again.

So bare with me over the next few weeks as I get this site built and organized. I plan on really running with it this time so check back often as I progress through life and attempt to accomplish my goals.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment