Thursday, September 1, 2005

v10.2 - Farewell Calgary

Morning Folks,

I''m resending this musing because I don''t believe most of you got it. I was in the process of moving my server for the move and I don''t think it was sent out properly.

{slurp}

This will be my last musing before I move to Halifax. The next musing you will receive will be either during my trip or shortly after I arrive at my destination.

{slurp}



It has been a LONG few weeks but things are finally coming together for this move. My new vehicle will be ready to pick up either late today or early tomorrow. We will be leaving Calgary in T minus 41 hours (as of 7am MST) and counting. I am starting to get a little bit excited about the trip. I''m glad things are pulling together and I can''t wait to finally get on the road and start the trek to Nova Scotia. We have a place in mind for when we arrive in Halifax and will be filling out the rental application form today and faxing it off.

{slurp}

I''m quite impressed with my new company. In their "Welcome to Keane" pack they sent to me, they included a nice document on apartments, emergency service locations and phone numbers and all sorts of other useful information for people who are moving to Halifax. I was also quite impressed after going over what was covered as a "moving expense". I can actually claim my first months rent at my new place as a moving expense! The benifits package is much better than at my current job which will help a lot in the future for protecting my family and keeping us happy and healthy.

Overall, everything is perfect and I can''t wait to start.

{slurp}

Well gang, thanks for hanging on for the ride. I know I''m like a rollercoaster when it comes to my feelings from day to day. You guys have been really supportive and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. As I mentioned a couple musings ago, I will be writing while on the road and will send off those musings when I get a chance. Since my internet access will be quite limitied while travelling, I''ll be doing most of my writing offline.

{slurp}

Take care and we''ll see you all in about a week!

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment